TW-90 questions

Hi all,

I am getting ready to buy a TW-90 grinder in the 220v configuration, but I have two quick electrical questions:

(1) I need to know what type of 220v outlet to install in my shop. If you own a TW-90 in 220v, can you please post a picture of what type of electrical outlet it requires?

(2) What is the amperage for the TW-90?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Michael

Hi Michael,
I do not have the TW90, but I would like to give you some advice: do not take the 220V motor but take a 380V three-phase motor. With a three-phase motor, an inverter is required to change speed. I'm writing this, I think that the belt grinder is a purchase that will be with you for many years, and with a 220V engine it should not change speed, this thing reduces the versatility of the tool ....

Hi Michael,
I do not have the TW90, but I would like to give you some advice: do not take the 220V motor but take a 380V three-phase motor. With a three-phase motor, an inverter is required to change speed. I'm writing this, I think that the belt grinder is a purchase that will be with you for many years, and with a 220V engine it should not change speed, this thing reduces the versatility of the tool ....
I'm pretty sure the grinder comes with a 3 ph motor. He is just asking what 220v plug/outlet configuration it has.

There are so many 220V plugs out there. My Dad put in some weird ass outlet when we wired my "shop" for 220. Now every tool that comes with a more standard plug I have to cut and replace.

Hi Michael,

According to your profile, you're in Italy.

Keep in mind, your electricity standards are completely different.
Industrial areas can have 440-550 thee phase, but that's not available in residential / commercial areas

The TW come with VFD to create 220v three phase for variable speed and in North America it gets fed 220 Single phase input

Thanks for the replies, guys. I appreciate the help!

(P.S. I’m actually from Indiana, USA... Not sure why the profile would say I’m from Italy? Lol).

Take care,

Michael

(P.S. I’m actually from Indiana, USA... Not sure why the profile would say I’m from Italy? Lol).

Take care,

Michael
What part of Indiana, if you don't mind me asking?

BTW: Count was referring to mknife being from Italy. He was making a motor recommendation to you based on European electrical standards.

What part of Indiana, if you don't mind me asking?

BTW: Count was referring to mknife being from Italy. He was making a motor recommendation to you based on European electrical standards.

Ah my apologies, that was my mistake. That makes sense now. :)

I’m from northeastern Indiana, about 45 minutes directly north of Fort Wayne.

-Michael

Take care,

Michael
If you are from Italy you would never ask this kind of question :) In USA you have real mess with e.power . You should have listen Tesla not Edison ;)

If you are from Italy you would never ask this kind of question :) In USA you have real mess with e.power . You should have listen Tesla not Edison ;)
We did listen to Tesla? Edison wanted to use direct current. We should have followed in the footsteps of much of Europe and buried lines in the ground instead of unsightly, and easily damaged power poles everywhere.

-Michael
Ah... I was hoping you were a little farther west. ;) Been wanting to try out a Tw-90 for a while now, and I wouldn't mind a little feedback on my own grinder design.

According to your profile, you're in Italy.

Keep in mind, your electricity standards are completely different.
Industrial areas can have 440-550 thee phase, but that's not available in residential / commercial areas

The TW come with VFD to create 220v three phase for variable speed and in North America it gets fed 220 Single phase input

You're right.
I reported my experience not taking into account which part of the world was "Kahr9mm". I read 220 and I thought about Europe!
Here with a 220V single phase imput, we use VFD to creare 380 three fase for variabile speed.

-Michael
Ah... I was hoping you were a little farther west. ;) Been wanting to try out a Tw-90 for a while now, and I wouldn't mind a little feedback on my own grinder design.

I understand. I can certainly give report on the TW90 after I get some time to play with it.

Did you build a grinder from your own design? If so, are you able to upload some pictures?

I understand. I can certainly give report on the TW90 after I get some time to play with it.

Did you build a grinder from your own design? If so, are you able to upload some pictures?
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/decided-to-build-my-own-grinder-almost-done.1382431/

Here’s a thread I posted a while ago. It’s my own design, though I did borrow some general ideas here and there. It’s leaps and bounds above my first grinder (also built, an NWGS), though I still have a couple ideas to possibly improve it even more. Definitely does what I need it too though.

Back