tweaking kydex when your shop is still in boxes

I had a friend that wanted kydex for his new Echo-5 and I happened to have some but it was molded for the prototype and was a bit lose. What to do let down a friend, unpack my shop no improvise!

first take stock of what you have, it turns out the electric range at the new house was a life saver and after using some duct tape to pad a pair of channel locks I was in business
View attachment 337976

while the eye heats up think threw this idea is it safe? Hahaah like I ever question a good idea
View attachment 337978

one must not only be careful to evenly heat with out over heating the kydex but also be aware of the hair on the back of there hands
View attachment 337980

As with so much in life an efficient application of force and we are done. Problem solved problem staying solved
View attachment 337979

A propane torch or heat gun will will do the spot fixes. Take is slow ,you don't want to melt it.If the sheath is too big , heat and squeeze. Too large and heat and slide the knife into the sheath [I put masking tape around the handle first to protect the wood.]

Mete
Thank you for the advice, Kydex is still a bit of a mystery for me. In this case I had the added difficulty of having my shop packed in box's and that I had to tweek this one mid move. hence the stove and taped up pliers.

Back