Twenty Years on BF Giveaway - Winners announced in posts 40 and 48

Congrats on 20 years, not an entry because I don’t have a clue. Awesome selection though.

Not an entry for me...
I wish all the entrants good luck, it's going to take some hard work.
Luckily I live in the country, so I just have to go home to get away from people.
But solitude to me comes in the form of fly fishing the many streams in the Sierras.
There is nothing like finding a stretch of river with nobody around and willing fish a plenty.

They don't have to be big to be fun. :)

Congrats on 20 years here! That's hard to believe. Amazing giveaway, thanks for the chance!

Gonna guess that's somewhere along Sphinx Creek looking back toward Sphinx Crest. Wherever it is, that is beautiful country, and I wish we had places like that closer to home! It's been many years since I've been out to the Sequoia area.

Nope, not Sphinx Creek. Besides, that is in Kings Canyon. Perhaps someone will download the picture and take a closer look at the ridgeline in the distance. That particular peak has been photographed by a lot of people, although not often from this angle.

Congratulations on the 20 years. Not an entry, but here's a pic:
b7QzmgF.jpg

Good luck to all the entrants.

The pictures you show bring automatic peace of mind :cool: Priceless. But where they are, beyond my grasp, thanks for your long term and continuing contributions.

If it’s OK I would like to change my mind, that litte French Violin knife intrigues me, I still don’t have a clue where your pictures are from but I will share one. My picture is taken from a bank on the Nowitna River in Alaska, went on a 8 day Moose hunt with my BIL, just the solitude, silence, sounds and scenery were absolutely amazing. My picture doesn’t do it justice. But I will never forget this spot.
upload_2020-7-7_19-39-5.jpeg

Last edited:
As I noted in my earlier post I used to spend a lot of time in the Sierra's. Did a bunch of the peaks over 10k back then, including Whitney a couple times. Now days I like the smell of cedar and salt, and foggy mornings when it's quiet.

Im0UWNy.jpg

Beautiful photos L lambertiana however I've never been farther west than the panhandle of Oklahoma. So I couldn't begin to fathom an answer to the mystery spot, I love mountains though as I was raised in the heart of the Appalachians. I have found little out of the way nooks with views or features that are astoundingly beautiful, unfortunately I have no photos of those hidden gems. But last year I went into the Croatan National Forest, and down a loooonng single track dirt road I came upon Great Lake. Once there I was the only human for miles, and it was amazing to be somewhere that there was no noises aside from birds and insects. I know you asked for a photo but I think this little video clip shows it better, it is a fairly large lake and the dirt road I took to get there being the only access. I desperately wished I had a canoe on that day and plan a trip back there with one. Heres a link to the short clip

Screenshot_20200707-212725_Maps.jpg
As you can see from this screenshot only one road in, it certainly was a beautiful place.
Oh and I'm in please, thanks for the opportunity and a heart felt congratulations on 20 years in this great community!!:):thumbsup:

Congratulations on achieving 20 year’s anniversary on Blade Forums. Many beautiful photo’s being shown - nothing like solitude. OH

Nope, not Sphinx Creek. Besides, that is in Kings Canyon. Perhaps someone will download the picture and take a closer look at the ridgeline in the distance. That particular peak has been photographed by a lot of people, although not often from this angle.
Am I allowed to make one more guess? I think I may know where you were...

For my second and final guess, I submit that you were here...
7uiZcEV.jpg

... nestled on Needham Mountain...
PExNmGu.jpg

... and looking at this...
jIM6B2V.jpg

And we have a winner! I'm curious - How did you arrive at this answer? I can think of a couple ways it could have been figured out, I want to know how you did it. PM me with your choice of knife and mailing address. I probably won't ship it until next week when the other two winners are chosen.

I spotted this lake on the 7.5' map a number of years ago and had an itch to go there for a long time before it actually happened. It is away from trails (and ended up requiring over half a mile of boulder hopping with a full pack to get there). I asked on HighSierraTopix if they knew of anyone who had been there. HighSierraTopix has a lot of hard core off trail sierra folks, and if anyone knew, someone there would. The collective answer was that no, they had never heard of anyone going there. I saw zero human trace there - no footprints, old campsites, old fire rings, garbage of any kind.

Here are some pictures of the lake itself (as you can see from the satellite image, it consists of two small connected lakes - a round one and a long narrow one):
YMpC6Vq.jpg

Ra0JI84.jpg

t5FApfB.jpg

And an evening shot looking toward Mt Whitney from camp:
8xb6vLg.jpg

Our camp was on the knoll between the two sections. The only sound was a Clark's Nutcracker that took offense at our presence and talked to us for a while.

The bowl immediately north of the lake, which we crossed on the way in, was also very nice and also had zero human trace:
85tSlES.jpg

Now to choose two winners from the pictures. Keep the pictures coming, you have until next Tuesday at 6PM Pacific time.

Back