Two blade opposite end knives

Thanks Ron, I picked that one up from the store last August. Hopefully we will have the chance to do it again this year.
That was a good grab Travis! :thumbsup: I picked up a couple there several years back. A Blood Red Jigged Bone and an African Blackwood! I already had an Ebony and a Smooth Ivory Bone. They really are nice knives! I certainly hope we’ll all be there again this August! :D

D Duckdog I see you're fielding the Heavy Guns, or at least the precision ones ;)

That Union Wormgroove :cool: and the Shapleigh :thumbsup::thumbsup: Surely you're bored with them by now?;):D

Rather unusual blade pairing on a Tip Bolster with the Union, Spey on that type of Gent's knife? Wonderful item mind.

Regards, Will

WOW, Stuart, quite a show! The Union Cut Co is a very special piece, thanks for the display!

Stuart, I faintly remember seeing a couple of these beauties before! :) But, the Curtain & Clark and the Union Cutlery are truly special! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks, guys. Will, there was no particular selection nor order in that post, just post-prandial perusing.
- Stuart

Believe a Punch counts as a blade...;)

htmEgYF.jpg

Curtin & Clark double end jack (1910-1920):

mU3PWc8.jpg

Union Cutlery Co, jack (1911-1951):

hnixLfL.jpg

Remington muskrat by Camillus (1988):

qTJIpXF.jpg

Queen cigar (1981):

v7KDnjO.jpg

Shapleigh senator pen (1917-1940s):

pzGGwEl.jpg

Queen #4 sleeveboard (1973-1975):

4zpw1H3.jpg

- Stuart
That Queen cigar looks like a "beast" of a knife.... :eek:

SOMEBODY was going to say it... I thought I'd get it over with.... :D

Great showing of some special knives!

That's odd... I have a 309 that IS a single spring. I guess they changed it at some point.

Odd indeed, my Yellow one is also two spring and I thought this was a Buck characteristic having each blade running from its own spring which offsets any need for krinking? The Stockmans are like this too, no internal spacers or dividers mind.

Odd indeed, my Yellow one is also two spring and I thought this was a Buck characteristic having each blade running from its own spring which offsets any need for krinking? The Stockmans are like this too, no internal spacers or dividers mind.
Mine is an older version, made between 72 and 86, and his looks like a 2005 version. Mine has a brass liner to allow space to krink the blades to fit. My version also has a slight cutout to allow access to the nail nick on the pen blade. Do the newer versions have that as well?

I'll have to look them out, hidden away in a box somewhere...;) No brass or spacers that's certain.

Aerial senator (1912-1944):

ybiN4UA.jpg

Queen #6 senator (1973-1975):

8d89Tjv.jpg

Queen #15 half congress (1961-1971) and Bonsa senator (1921-1983):

rr2t2PW.jpg

Queen City half congress (1922-1932):

zqHGGxv.jpg

CAse 9201 senator (1970) and Primble 901NP equal end (1940-1968):

HHjWfJZ.jpg

A.G. Russell canoe:

SaY1o6b.jpg

Miller Bros. lobster (1872-1926), well, they are at opposite ends:

G8KqQ2V.jpg

Schatt & Morgan equal end pen (1902-1928) and Queen sleeveboard (#21?)(1946-1948):

7U1VJGg.jpg

Primble 4995 double end jack (1940-1968):

34EtBW9.jpg

Queen City small congress (3" 1922-1932) and Schatt & Morgan swell center (1902-1928)

Zpjh2lX.jpg

Parker pair (well the blades are opposite ends):

lvFDr9L.jpg

- Stuart

Back