Two blade opposite end knives

My latest Rough Rider RR1569. Moose style with Ti coated HC blades and G-10 scales with red liners. Not sure what the second blade is for but the best they came up with at work is to spread peanut butter. It is a big folder at 4 1/2" closed.

apc8jqA.jpg

s3vt9mq.jpg

My latest Rough Rider RR1569. Moose style with Ti coated HC blades and G-10 scales with red liners. Not sure what the second blade is for but the best they came up with at work is to spread peanut butter. It is a big folder at 4 1/2" closed.

apc8jqA.jpg

s3vt9mq.jpg
Just like mine! :)
I think the second blade is a modified "spey" for skinning critters.
A spey/budding blade is the "standard" secondary blade on a Moose and Trapper that was used for skinning ... and spreading (ew) peanut butter (ew) I suppose ... :)

I'm going to limit my contribution to this thread to true Moose or Bull-Head Jack pattern knives, those with a large blade in each end,

So, a Robeson and two Terrier Cutlery Company knives.

The Terriers date 1910 to 1916.

Stunning

Waking this thread guessing others will have some additional two blade opposite end (TBOE pronounced T-Bo ;)) knives to show.
Gradually almost imperceptibly over the years this pattern has, at the expense of my treasured trappers and sensational singles, insidiously slip in and become my favorite pattern.
I looked and the things had gone and multiplied, seemingly on their own, until today I have these to post... among others. o_O:confused::D
What might you have? A TBOE added in the last 14 months or a new pic of a favorite TBOE? Whatever it is, if it's got two blades and they are on opposite ends, post it here and let's celebrate it's goodness together. :)

gWSEobW.jpg

hgTWFuz.jpg

Back