Two blade to one blade

glocktenman

Gold Member
Hi Everyone,

I have a two blade two spring knife I want to get thinned down to a one blade knife. Who does that type of work here on BF? Do any of you have some pics of sample work?

Thanks in advance!

Railsplitter

Gold Member
Hi Everyone,

I have a two blade two spring knife I want to get thinned down to a one blade knife. Who does that type of work here on BF? Do any of you have some pics of sample work?

Thanks in advance!
I've never had it done a two blade but Glennbad took this three blader and made it a one blader for me. He even got the blade well centered.
IMG_3097.JPG
IMG_3357.JPG
IMG_3100.JPG
IMG_3358.JPG
IMG_5437.JPG

I’ve been on Glenns wait list for about a year anyone you contact will probably not be taking work or you’ll have a long wait. Worth the wait for anyone willing to do it

Railsplitter

Gold Member
Funny enough, there is an S&M like that, that is just a single blade
I remember. I discovered that a few weeks after getting this one back from Glenn. I suspect they were released while Glenn was working on mine. In fact, I think it was you that posted a picture of yours. I saw yours and said "Hey, where did you get that"?!:)

mrknife

Gold Member
I remember. I discovered that a few weeks after getting this one back from Glenn. I suspect they were released while Glenn was working on mine. In fact, I think it was you that posted a picture of yours. I saw yours and said "Hey, where did you get that"?!:)

those things were like bear traps, ive gifted them away. approximately the same size i want to say as yours.

glocktenman

Gold Member
Well gents and ladies, I just got my knife back and it is sweet. He did an excellent job on it. I've now got a knife I'll be carrying instead of selling it along. I've got to consider this option in the future when I see a frame and a blade style I like but with one or two blades I don't want. You know, Rick got it right with his S&M shown in post #6. That thing looks great to me with the single blade. Single blade thin knives are what I like and seem to be carrying. I'll post some pics tomorrow. I wish I would have taken some before pics.....I'll see if someone else has some I can borrow.

LastRodeo

Platinum Member
Well gents and ladies, I just got my knife back and it is sweet. He did an excellent job on it. I've now got a knife I'll be carrying instead of selling it along. I've got to consider this option in the future when I see a frame and a blade style I like but with one or two blades I don't want. You know, Rick got it right with his S&M shown in post #6. That thing looks great to me with the single blade. Single blade thin knives are what I like and seem to be carrying. I'll post some pics tomorrow. I wish I would have taken some before pics.....I'll see if someone else has some I can borrow.
Would you mind sharing a photo of your knife?

Edit. Just saw you said you would try to add photo tomorrow.

glocktenman

Gold Member
Here is the single blade Kayak! I've always wanted a single blade canoe...this is about as close as I'll get for a while. Blennbad did the work. The first pic I got from Gary, whom I got the knife from originally. You can see how wide it was with two blades.
image0.jpeg

Now with one blade.
IMG_7035.jpg

It's excellent feeling now. Here are some side shots. It's tight with no blade play. I can see a bit of one of the pins in the bolster but overall super work putting this thing back together! It's alive!!!! :D
IMG_7038.jpg IMG_7037.jpg

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Nicely done there! looks quite a bit more useful now!
G2