• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Two Bladed Hunter -Box Elder ( sold )

Hi to all knife fans, what I have to offer for sale is a Two Bladed Hunter style slip joint. the Stabilzed Box Elder scales are perfectly tight fitted an has a small arrow type shield inlayed with one pin. The knife steel is CPM-154 heat treated an tempered to a final 60 -61 rc. The blades are 2 7/8” long with an open length of 7 1/4”, closed length is 4 “. The blades came out centered very well an and after adjusting the opening pressure to a very nice 4 to 5 ,it opens and closes smoothly and with good snap . I had a small silver solder gap and line showing appear after grinding the bolster down to size when almost finnished , It is on the front mark side bolster. Besides that, the knife is perfect in all aspects. Look at the pictures an see what you think. Flush in all three positions. Bolsters are hand sanded to 6000 grit inside spring also the same. Blade has a fine Satin Finnish. Comes with letter of Authenticity an Black leather Zip Bag. Asking ( SOLD ) email me at joeallen@me.com for any questions -pay pal is same email address. Preferred payment is Pay Pal . Will take Cash or checks also. Thank you for looking an God Bless our Country.

Attachments

• DSCN9490.jpg
    DSCN9490.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCN9497.jpg
    DSCN9497.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN9499.jpg
    DSCN9499.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCN9505.jpg
    DSCN9505.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN9506.jpg
    DSCN9506.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN9512.jpg
    DSCN9512.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN9515.jpg
    DSCN9515.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN9517.jpg
    DSCN9517.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN9523.jpg
    DSCN9523.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN9531.jpg
    DSCN9531.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Joe that’s an exceptional knife. So clean and precise. Should be double the price.

anyone on the fence about Joes work should take the plunge on this one. He’s a great maker, and this is the best I’ve seen from him.

Thanks Bladeplay, if I didnt have the solder problem it would be a higer asking price like about $550.00 which is still lower than most makers would charge.

meant friendly: Such a beautiful knife deserves better pics.
I know it is very hard to do, but I think your work deserves it

meant friendly: Such a beautiful knife deserves better pics.
I know it is very hard to do, but I think your work deserves it
You are right Hengelo, I am trying soon, more brighter light bumbs . Wish some one would tell me what type of lighting to use an where to get them. Good question Hengelo.

Get a light tent. They are not to expensive and are sold as sets with lights and backgrounds.
Don't have direct light have indirect light.
Aparantly a sheath of baking paper infront of a light helps a lot.
Good photo's are a chalange on my to do list as well

Get a light tent. They are not to expensive and are sold as sets with lights and backgrounds.
Don't have direct light have indirect light.
Aparantly a sheath of baking paper infront of a light helps a lot.
Good photo's are a chalange on my to do list as well
I have the light tent Hegenlo ,but on these pic’s decided to use an open table next to my sliding doors to gather outside light as well as the two small lamps that came with the tent, plus one more lamp was used also for three lights. But my question to ANYONE is where can i buy the RIGHT type of bulbs for these lamps? Thanks Hengelo for bringing this up , I do need some light help.

Sorry I can't help you with that.
The one I have came with halogen lights but is at least ten years old.
There's informative vids on the subject on YouTube

Yes they did Rockman, I’m starting to work on this knife’s big daddy next, the full size hunter in two blades. So please be on the watch for it coming in March sometime. Thanks to all with your generous support an kind words.

Back