Two Cheezeburgerz and a large SNARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
First world problem...Haha!

Lol, I wasn't even really thinking of it as a problem. The arrow keys are really tiny on my netbook though. Now that I'm home I might try with the fullsize keyboard and see if it's any easier. It's been a while but I don't recall it being this difficult.

Woooo hoooooo! Doin the happy dance today. As you guys know I quite my job in May to pursue self employment. One of the biggest anxieties I have had concerning it was being able to keep all of my tax stuff straight. I've been dark holing money and have been scared to death about what im going to owe here in September. Well, just came from my accountants office and with all of the deductions I had with equipment I purchased I hardly owe squat! That means I have a very nice chunk of disposable income. I think I see a new grinder in my very near future. :thumbup:

Woooo hoooooo! Doin the happy dance today. As you guys know I quite my job in May to pursue self employment. One of the biggest anxieties I have had concerning it was being able to keep all of my tax stuff straight. I've been dark holing money and have been scared to death about what im going to owe here in September. Well, just came from my accountants office and with all of the deductions I had with equipment I purchased I hardly owe squat! That means I have a very nice chunk of disposable income. I think I see a new grinder in my very near future. :thumbup:

Bully!

See... Accountants aren't all that bad. :cool:

Last edited:
Awesome news brudda. :thumbup:

I need to get somewhere where i can actually see a grinder being used and try one myself with someone there who knows what they are doing.

I never been very good at learning things that require hands on by reading. I need to put my hands on it to learn. And hell i dont know the first thing about grinders, I get confused when people start talking about the platens and crap.

Dan told me if i came to his shop he would teach me some stuff... But of course having children makes it real hard to drop everything and go to the other side of the country.

Dan told me if i came to his shop he would teach me some stuff... But of course having children makes it real hard to drop everything and go to the other side of the country.

Excuses, excuses. :D

Good for you todd.one good thing about being selfemployed ( beside the freedom) is that most of what you spend is tax deductable,the bad thing is well,in my case,retirement will suck.

WW, I guess the best you can do is get a cheap HF belt sander and have fun with it, it's not until you try it that you start to learn.

On another note, the comment I made about not buying HI khuks because they get blessed to their god seems to have irked a mod, who sent me a pm explaining the concept and saying that if I were to base my purchases on religious beliefs, then I should stay with my Beckers and then added that Uncle E is a Christian and probably blesses the knife, employees etc (sarcastic tone? dunno, not gonna ask). I thanked him because I'm a Christian too :D

I've never given any thought AT ALL to the religious beliefs of the knife makers or car makers or BLT makers that I buy from. I can't fault anyone else for making their purchases with their beliefs in mind. But for me it's such a non-issue that it has never occurred to me.

WOW.... Zulu, Your allowed to base your purchases off of whatever you like despite who it irks. And your opinion didnt break any rules so that was kind of crazy a mod would say that and try and justify it by saying Ethan blesses his knives when they have no idea if thats true or not.

Same thing as we were talking about with cops yesterday... You cant win an argument with a mod. If you try they will just say you sassed them and give you an infraction anyways.

We're going to need a bigger grinding room. Dueling grinders, fire up the banjos!

On another note, the comment I made about not buying HI khuks because they get blessed to their god seems to have irked a mod...

That guy's been a real pain in the tuckus lately... starting arguments and locking/moving threads when people disagree with his philosophy. I honestly think he just lurks all day looking for something to get pissy about. Like WW said, don't bother arguing or even discussing it with him, he'll only get mad and threaten you. Just keep following the normal forum rules; ignore him, eventually he'll go away and bother someone else.

WW, I guess the best you can do is get a cheap HF belt sander and have fun with it, it's not until you try it that you start to learn.

On another note, the comment I made about not buying HI khuks because they get blessed to their god seems to have irked a mod, who sent me a pm explaining the concept and saying that if I were to base my purchases on religious beliefs, then I should stay with my Beckers and then added that Uncle E is a Christian and probably blesses the knife, employees etc (sarcastic tone? dunno, not gonna ask). I thanked him because I'm a Christian too :D

*shrug* god bless Becker knives - every one of them!, and the creator of such things that bring joy to all us wonderful individuals that hang out here, and all of us as well because everybody needs help in this life. Amen

If you wanted to pitch a marketing of such things, you'll get another chicken fiasco and every Christian in North America will go out and buy a becker knife just because!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back