Two Cheezeburgerz and a large SNARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this hard to believe. Proof?

Like brown trout? Those, you just skip the "catch" part and move straight to "release".

66954401-B63C-4CA2-B7E7-FCEF9C83435E_zpsdkioduuo.jpg

TN brown sharks are tougher going out than coming in. Some are floaters. Some are sinkers. You just never know.

Hit the flea markets yesterday and brought home a couple of interesting pipes. Top one is a "Doodler" made in the 50s and the bottom one is a 1938 GBD with a sterling silver band no less. Ten bucks for both. As a codger (and nearly a coot) it's permissible for me to smoke pipes now.

IMG_3446.jpg

The doodler is a pipe that was designed and produced by Tracy Mincer. He was the man that created the custom-bilt pipe. Quite the story actually. A good book about his rise and fame in the pipe industry is "As Individual as a Thumbprint" by Dr Bill Unger. A great source of information and a fun read. I have quite a few of mr mincer's pipes.
They are great... The doodler is a fine smoking pipe.

Doc

DAYUM 710!!! Talk about badass !!!

And quick as hell too bro, you set a standard that is hard for anyone else to keep up with thats for sure!!

Somebody nearly had me talked into selling my boat. It was supposed to happen this morning, but the thought had me sick to my stomach all week. I called it all off very late last night, after which, I was promptly "hung up" on. It serves me right for taking so much time away from the boat to go back to college.
Anyhoo, I still got plans on the ole gal. :emot-yarr:

Last edited:
Got a call a few hours ago for free tickets to the Aggie game. So I am outta here for a few hours. Shouldn't be too much of a struggle. We're playing Lamar - who only brought it's football program back to life a few years ago. But, we've had enough years where you didn't take anything for granted to teach me it's not a guaranteed win - even though it should be a blow-out.

Must be Saturday....

I wuz lookin at the Beckerhead list, and it seems like a lot of folks go great guns, get their number and then disappear. Some of the names I don't think I've seen since I've been a member here (which, I'll grant, has not been that long, but still.....)

Must be Saturday....

I wuz lookin at the Beckerhead list, and it seems like a lot of folks go great guns, get their number and then disappear. Some of the names I don't think I've seen since I've been a member here (which, I'll grant, has not been that long, but still.....)

...and some of us, you can't get rid of...

But seriously, there are three different gun forums that I used to be on regularly. My interests have changed somewhat, but what really keeps me here is the "personality" of the sub-forum. Some forums have too much drama, some too much whining, some too much posing, etc. I find the group here to be "just right."

In other news, I'm in El Paso to stay for about 8 weeks. It's a Candlewood, so no meals, not even breakfast. The kitchen is kinda poorly equipped, but I managed to put together some spaghetti with clam sauce, Chalet garlic butter vegetables, sour read toast. Not as good as home cooking but better than eating out every meal.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410048453.312662.jpg

Yup, I like the 'Heads. Good group of fellas. Sometimes life just intrudes though, as in the in case of Clich, for instance.

In other news, I passed my Krav Maga level 1 test today.

But seriously, there are three different gun forums that I used to be on regularly. My interests have changed somewhat, but what really keeps me here is the "personality" of the sub-forum. Some forums have too much drama, some too much whining, some too much posing, etc. I find the group here to be "just right."

In other news, I'm in El Paso to stay for about 8 weeks. It's a Candlewood, so no meals, not even breakfast. The kitchen is kinda poorly equipped, but I managed to put together some spaghetti with clam sauce, Chalet garlic butter vegetables, sour read toast. Not as good as home cooking but better than eating out every meal.

View attachment 471055

Looks good GSO!

I was stationed at Fort Bliss for over a year the first time, then several months when i came back from Korea.

Worst wal-mart i ever been to. Half the workers barely spoke English. Over crowded. Just a mess.

Married my wife in El Paso, and my daughter was born there.

Ah! Not everyone's out and about. I didn't mean this was a bad place, on the contrary. But given what a great community of folks this is, it surprises me somewhat that someone would get together the requirements to be a Beckerhead and then just fall off the map. I get the life circumstances thing, but there are a LOT of 'head numbers that have not posted in more than a year. I guess my thinking is "why bother?" in the first place....then again, my last job I was at for almost 20 years and the only reason I left was because they showed me the door. Didn't kick me out (at least not permanently), but made it clear that I was just another cog and therefore easily replaced. I guess I don't commit to stuff and then not follow through...in most cases.

View attachment 471055

Agree about this forum - good folks.

And what the heck are you doing in El Paso? We used to regularly drive down there for the month of Feb to climb in Hueco Tanks. It took about 41 hours to get there from Toronto, but it was worth it just to escape the winter. Hueco was/is beautiful, but I found El Paso to be a bit rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back