Two Cheezeburgerz and a large SNARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news, my personal diet/exercise plan is starting to have a noticeable effect. The other day Miss Angie casually mentioned that my love-handles don't hang quite as far over the top of my shorts as they did a few weeks ago.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing differently?

I have been making a real effort to cut back on bread/starch and I have lost like 10-15 pounds in a few weeks.

In other news, I had the first campfire of the season tonight. Pretty freaking ideal weekend so far.

Sweet baby Jesus! How have I never seen those loungers before?"!?!

I wonder if it is fat guy compatible....
Man, BF is acting up.

CB, the Lounger is rated at 250 lbs. I'm tipping the scales at 215~220 and it feels pretty sturdy to me. I'm more worried about the deck it's hanging under. 'Bout ready to collapse, that thing is.....

I've looked at all knids of hanging chairs like that but could never pull the trigger due to cost....I just wasn't willing to spend upwards of a C-note to sit. But for $65, that ENO was such a bargain...that it still took me 20 minutes walking around with it in my hands to make a decision! Glad I did, though. It's really nice.

...But sometimes I gotta do things for the sake of stoopidity and looks above all else. I mean, who cares about practicality? It's looks that really count...

I hear ya. Believe me, I am seriously tempted to mass-produce something utterly ridiculous just for the sake of paying off my mortgage, whether it's knives or lollipops. The wife and I were discussing that concept earlier, and she asked me how hardcore I really am about my ideals... I said, "Baby, if someone waved enough cash under my nose, I'd gladly polish a thousand turds so we could have the pure sweet freedom that only comes from having stacks in the bank."

We live in a cold, cold world, boys and girls. Money doesn't make the world go 'round, but it can sure make the ride a bit smoother.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing differently?

Much less sugar and other carbs, that's the main thing. Plus of course, less caloric intake overall.

I'm crabby as **** almost all the time because I'm not gettin my Coca-Cola (which I typically drink like most people guzzle coffee). Way less fat calories from snack foods like chips and dips and whatnot. A lot more fresh veggies, which I'm actually starting to truly enjoy, and I'm drinking a lot more plain clear water instead of soda.

The protein (lean meats) is the only thing keeping me remotely sane. Lots of baked/smoked fish... good gravy, I'm truly thankful for my trout stamp and the local rivers.

I'm so constantly angry at this stage of, basically sugar detox, that I've started lifting things that don't even need lifting out of pure frustration. Hopefully, that will eventually manifest into more productive exercise and not just strangling the next poor bastard that crosses my path and looks at me funny.

But having said all that... my knees and back hurt a lot less lately and I feel stronger overall. So there's that. :thumbup:

That chair looks awesome.

Love my ENO doublenest. If i didnt have a pretty woman laying in the bed upstairs id never use the bed again LOL

Man, BF is acting up.

CB, the Lounger is rated at 250 lbs. I'm tipping the scales at 215~220 and it feels pretty sturdy to me. I'm more worried about the deck it's hanging under. 'Bout ready to collapse, that thing is.....

I've looked at all knids of hanging chairs like that but could never pull the trigger due to cost....I just wasn't willing to spend upwards of a C-note to sit. But for $65, that ENO was such a bargain...that it still took me 20 minutes walking around with it in my hands to make a decision! Glad I did, though. It's really nice.

Thanks for the response. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

Much less sugar and other carbs, that's the main thing. Plus of course, less caloric intake overall.

I'm crabby as **** almost all the time because I'm not gettin my Coca-Cola (which I typically drink like most people guzzle coffee). Way less fat calories from snack foods like chips and dips and whatnot. A lot more fresh veggies, which I'm actually starting to truly enjoy, and I'm drinking a lot more plain clear water instead of soda.

The protein (lean meats) is the only thing keeping me remotely sane. Lots of baked/smoked fish... good gravy, I'm truly thankful for my trout stamp and the local rivers.

I'm so constantly angry at this stage of, basically sugar detox, that I've started lifting things that don't even need lifting out of pure frustration. Hopefully, that will eventually manifest into more productive exercise and not just strangling the next poor bastard that crosses my path and looks at me funny.

But having said all that... my knees and back hurt a lot less lately and I feel stronger overall. So there's that. :thumbup:

Right on, JT!

I know you don't need my encouragement, but I honestly hope you stick with it. They say one good thing leads to another, and I have noticed the same thing about fresh veggies. Fresh food leads to more energy, more energy leads to more exercise. Hopefully it is a snowball effect into a better life!

It is amazing how simple changes can lead to drastic results.

I have never been a skinny fella, but I am ready to make some serious changes in lifestyle and live a healthier life.

It'll stop in about three weeks. Your body will acclimate.

That's right, Murph. Dreams do come true.

10CFDA54-54F4-4FB1-A2EC-7F51858EE5C9_zpsh0t9vv1n.jpg

DB9D7F28-BFF3-4FBA-B0B7-E23875525567_zpspdmqrydb.jpg

Last edited:
In other news, I had the first campfire of the season tonight. Pretty freaking ideal weekend so far.

We did too. Invited the brother and family over. Was out the by a fire from 6:30 to 1:30. We had a good time. Perfect night for it.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/guyon5/10CFDA54-54F4-4FB1-A2EC-7F51858EE5C9_zpsh0t9vv1n.jpg[/IMG]
I was worried they would never open!

Oh, Gyon, I have a few (4) news stoves to play with. They will all be packed in my stuff for the gathering. A few updated models and a few tiny ones.
I can't wait to burn them!

It'll stop in about three weeks. Your body will acclimate.

The constant debilitating hershey-squirts slowed down after the first couple weeks on this eating-healthy-food-nonsense, so I do have some measure of faith in your prognosis.

I'm reasonably confident that by the time of the Gathering I will no longer be a slathering, snarling face-chewing lunatic at all, and will in fact be sweeter than the peaches that come in a can.

Wife gave me the go ahead to get the stuff i need to make knives using the river store credit card... Im going shopping :D

Cant get the grinder because its 65 more expensive there.. Have to wait a bit on that, but when i get the grinder ill be set for a while!!

Vise, C-clamps, files, hacksaw and metal cutting blades, gloves, full face mask... Even a drill press if i can find a decent one there.

Im EXCITED.

Wife gave me the go ahead to get the stuff i need to make knives using the river store credit card... Im going shopping :D

Cant get the grinder because its 65 more expensive there.. Have to wait a bit on that, but when i get the grinder ill be set for a while!!

Vise, C-clamps, files, hacksaw and metal cutting blades, gloves, full face mask... Even a drill press if i can find a decent one there.

Im EXCITED.

Drill press is one of the things HF has *nailed*.
The small tabletop one is shockingly good.

re: food
read up on 'ketogenic diet'. I wouldn't expect anyone to go full keto unless they're really sick, but basically it means high fat, practically zero carb. Fat doesn't make you fat - it takes more metabolic cycles to process, and leaves you feeling satiated. As long as they are good, natural fats.

I can eat a small superfat (homemade) yogurt with a handful of walnuts for breakfast, and be fine until noon. If I start with oatmeal I'm clawing the walls at 10:30 for somebody to eat.

I was worried they would never open!

Oh, Gyon, I have a few (4) news stoves to play with. They will all be packed in my stuff for the gathering. A few updated models and a few tiny ones.
I can't wait to burn them!

Hey Jerry,

What stoves are you bringing? I have an MSR Reactor that we always bring down. Also have an MSR XGK from 1986 that will burn almost any fuel - just don't try and simmer with it. And continuing with the MSR theme, I have an MSR MicroRocket (I think Guyon has this stove) and an MSR Dragonfly.

Let me know if I should bring any of these down.

Last edited:
Agree about this forum - good folks.

I will ditto this.

Mike, your mall ninja knife looks sweet bud. Stop contemplating and start grinding! It reminds me a little of this gem I own WP_001308.jpg sadly at the time I got this I didn't know about Beckers and I could of gotten two 9's for what I payed for this piece of 420HC.

LoL JT my wife complains when I diet because I turn into a short fused a**hole for the first few weeks. In the end its worth it, and I also use exercise to curb the face stabbing tendencies. I suggest checking out the Weight Watchers Points Plus system. Its really to follow and is made so anybody can do it.

Im EXCITED.

Sweet! good luck with your buys! Cant wait to see what you come up with.

Drill press is one of the things HF has *nailed*.
The small tabletop one is shockingly good.

I can get the 5 speed HF one (says central machinery on it) or the Skil 10" 120 volt drill press close to same in price. Either one better than the other?

On another note it looks like a guy wants to buy my bow as well!!! Grinder coming up too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back