Two Cheezeburgerz and a large SNARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raining like crazy again today. Creek is almost out. Might have to take the canoe to work.:D

Finally stopped here. It rained all night long. Ended around 9am.

Finally caught up to the Snark. Just in time too. I probably won't be back before the new thread gets going so I'll throw in my IBTL now.

WW- great looking shop you've set up there. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Oh I just really lucked out! Was on the way to the hardware store to pick up some plumbing to fix yet another issue, and saw a little thrift store and thought what the hell, I have a minute. Looked all over the darn place no knives but a good collection of digi cam blouses... Anyways, on the way out I peaked in the glass case again and spotted a little hint of carbon steel. Had the guy take it out and low and behold it was a vintage Forgecraft hi car on cleaver in almost brand new condition apart from a little patina! The handle looks pristine... Gave the man the 3 bucks he wanted before he could even blink. Lol I love these kinds of finds. It will earn a good living in my kitchen.

Thanks RK!! Im excited to see what i can come up with too LOL... Sure wish i could draw better, that would help in the designing phase quite a bit. Seen those knives Silver drew up and was like DAMN thats some good drawing LMAO... My 8 year old little girl draws 10x better than me.. For real LOL

But it will be quite a long time before i try making anything like he drew up thats for sure. Still it will be a fun process learning.

Sweet find IWHAF... LMAO... Just thought about your name and it made me think of the mini hatchet execution LOL

On a completely random note, Anyone else here use the stuff called Natures Miracle Advanced stain and odor remover? Its made for pet odors.

I started getting the stuff back when i first got Neko to clean and freshen the place up before he was potty trained, he hasnt had any accidents inside in a very long time but i just never stopped using the stuff. I LOVE the smell of it, I use it as an air freshener, and a carpet and clothes freshener like febreze. The wife and i like WAY more than febreze though, and stuff stays smelling great for longer.

Just thought id share since i just sprayed it around a little and im sitting here breathing the smell in happily LOL... A little goes a long way too, which is great because the stuff is NOT CHEAP, but we got a gallon jug a few months ago and still have more than half the gallon left. We just pour some into a small spray bottle and use that whenever we wanna freshen the place up. Great stuff.

On a completely random note, Anyone else here use the stuff called Natures Miracle Advanced stain and odor remover? Its made for pet odors.

I started getting the stuff back when i first got Neko to clean and freshen the place up before he was potty trained, he hasnt had any accidents inside in a very long time but i just never stopped using the stuff. I LOVE the smell of it, I use it as an air freshener, and a carpet and clothes freshener like febreze. The wife and i like WAY more than febreze though, and stuff stays smelling great for longer.

Just thought id share since i just sprayed it around a little and im sitting here breathing the smell in happily LOL... A little goes a long way too, which is great because the stuff is NOT CHEAP, but we got a gallon jug a few months ago and still have more than half the gallon left. We just pour some into a small spray bottle and use that whenever we wanna freshen the place up. Great stuff.

Yes! Also discovered when we became dog owners many years ago. Also works well if one of the dogs (or kids) throws up on the carpet, bed, etc. I believe it uses enzymes to digest the organic stains, so it really does eliminate the smell rather than cover it with perfume. I also give it two thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Colorful:

ColorfulLion.png

Awesome! Do ya'll remember that thread I started a little while ago about Revdevil being a super mod? Well, it happened! I think he looks great in blue, the good kind that is.....:thumbup:

Yes! Also discovered when we became dog owners many years ago. Also works well if one of the dogs (or kids) throws up on the carpet, bed, etc. I believe it uses enzymes to digest the organic stains, so it really does eliminate the smell rather than cover it with perfume. I also give it two thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Heck yea!! My son got sick last month and threw up in his bed and on the carpet while trying to make it to the bathroom. The stuff got the smell out no problems!!

When we went camping one time we accidentally left the car windows down and it started to rain and soaked the seats pretty good. Which resulted in a musky smell... It tackled that problem easily as well, now the wife uses it every couple weeks in her car just to keep it smelling great.

We wont go without it anymore im sure. It just works great and we love how it smells. Its like a clean fresh scent instead of a heavy perfume smell. Awesome stuff.

Hmmmm. They should give me royalties or something for promoting them now LMAO j/k

Rocking sheath 710

Sweet rendering Warrior!

still catching up on some snark!

... Well tracking tricked me. I thought id get my giedymin knife and 710 sheath back today but it hasnt made it to philly yet, probably tomorrow. Excited to get the sweet setup!!

I did get my steel today though. Just a small piece of O1. 1/8" thick and 2"X18". Will work for a couple small skeletonized neck type knives for practicing.

I wish there were more videos of people using just a regular un-modded 2x42 or even other grinder that goes vertically for putting on bevels.. Not using any types of jigs, angled irons and stuff like that. Im going to be doing everything free handed.

Eventually i may end up getting one of Fred Rowe's bubble jigs. I really like how they work from what i have seen and read.

... Well tracking tricked me. I thought id get my giedymin knife and 710 sheath back today but it hasnt made it to philly yet, probably tomorrow. Excited to get the sweet setup!!

I did get my steel today though. Just a small piece of O1. 1/8" thick and 2"X18". Will work for a couple small skeletonized neck type knives for practicing.

I wish there were more videos of people using just a regular un-modded 2x42 or even other grinder that goes vertically for putting on bevels.. Not using any types of jigs, angled irons and stuff like that. Im going to be doing everything free handed.

Eventually i may end up getting one of Fred Rowe's bubble jigs. I really like how they work from what i have seen and read.

What I learned, skeletonized is a PAIN! Good luck with that!

Thanks ;)

I didnt mean ill be doing any fancy cutouts on them, just simply not worried about handles scales on the first couple. Ill drill some different sized holes probably to paracord wrap them or something though.

But the way you said that almost sounds like a challenge, i like challenges and im not afraid of screwing up LOL

Skeletonized handles don't have to be complicated. Well thought out carefully measured and well placed holes of specific size can definitely suffice. Example. Daisee's beerdasi or even a skelemag. Simple. Yet effective, functional and attractive. And you got everything you need to do it in your basement WW.

In other news. I made two more slingshots in the last couple of days. Im enjoying experimenting with the limb length and handle materials. No pics till tomorrow though. Camera batteries are dead.

Skeletonized handles don't have to be complicated. Well thought out carefully measured and well placed holes of specific size can definitely suffice. Example. Daisee's beerdasi or even a skelemag. Simple. Yet effective, functional and attractive. And you got everything you need to do it in your basement WW.

In other news. I made two more slingshots in the last couple of days. Im enjoying experimenting with the limb length and handle materials. No pics till tomorrow though. Camera batteries are dead.

Music to my ears :D, new, sweet, unheard of music at that LOL

Looking forward to the pics of the SSs as well!

Is it Thirstday yet?

2 hours away!!

Slow motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back