Two knives just in today!

leatherman

leathermoderator
Just picked up two stunning examples of the knife making craft today at the post office needing sheath work.

Two words, Dozer and Scagel! Yea, I said Scagel!! Both knives are simply amazing and I feel honored to not only handle these but to work sheaths around them.

As soon as I can extort the pictures off my camera I will post pics of these two.

Talk about hard acts to follow, these two are going to be challenge.

Finally got the pics off my camera! :)

Here is the Dozier, beautifully done and feels wonderful in the hand.
Dozer.jpg

Now the Scagel, a true work of art. You know when they say a blade feels alive, well this one does. Heart and soul.
Scagel.jpg

That's awesome you get to work with a Scagel. I believe there was just a huge Scagel auction (or will be soon) where they were expecting many to sell for upwards of 15K. Please post a pic of the sheath when you finish it :).

Colin, will do on the pics, I have a few to finish first, but will be working soon. :)

sar5, no kidding eh? both are outstanding!

The Scagel is mine. Hate to disappoint folks who think I have $15k knives in my collection, but it is not an original made by the man himself - it is a modern "tribute" to the originals. Derrick Bohn (Knivesshipfree) bought the rights to the Scagel name off Northwoods a year or two back and has had Bark River make a small number of patterns in a variety of handle materials. Not cheap knives - they sell at a premium to regular BRK models - but not at the level where I need to take out a second mortgage.

Looking forward to seeing one of Dwayne's creations that will complement this knife beautifully. It's a 7.5" camp knife that will have pride of place alongside its 5.5" brother (below), and the Busse SAR8 and sheath that Dwayne made for me earlier.
6724161953_9d31dae568.jpg

Oh, and I also couldn't resist picking up a Dozier fixed blade in natural materials (ebony & maple burl) the other day. Guess we have similar taste in knives!

Thank you for the education there! :) That stag handle is beautiful!

Back