Two New Hunt Patterns - Names Please

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
I picked up these two at Blade in addition to a Finn hunter.

I've just been calling the top one a clipped Yuma. No idea, but I do know the president of Ka-Bar took time to show the "sexy upsweep" to a customer at Blade Show.
The bottom one, I think I heard Murph call a 3x5 (three fingers, five inches?). However, my knife is six-inches long. Maybe I misheard.
Whatever the case, it's damn handy. I wore it during the entire show and used it for a variety of small tasks. Great little belt knife.

E12C97B2-FBB8-466C-9743-6F8AFEA017CC_zps7yvqklsc.jpg

The bottom would be a 3x3, that's a working title. We honestly don't have names for either yet. Suggestions?

Ah, three finger, three-inch blade. Makes more sense and better than "The Wharnmaster 3000."
I vote Biscuit Butterer for the top one. :p

I think Todd calls the little one the hawk 3x3 -- 3" of blade, 3" of handle.
perhaps the clipped Yuma should be called the Y'ma? (or in keeping with the naming scheme, the Quechan or Walapai)

I think Todd calls the little one the hawk 3x3 -- 3" of blade, 3" of handle.
perhaps the clipped Yuma should be called the Y'ma? (or in keeping with the naming scheme, the Quechan or Walapai)

If we are going with SW Native American names then:

3x3= Walapai
Clipped Yuma = Apache

If you are willing to consider Texas native American tribe names...

the top one, as a hunter style, could be called the Huaco (variation of Waco), a southern branch of the Wichita (hunter/farmers of central and north central Texas) or Tonkawa, central Texas hunter/gatherers or Kiowa, a Texas plains tribe.

the bottom one, Tigua after the Texas Pueblos or Karankawa, a coastal tribe, who "might" have used shell knives of a similar shape.

Keep in mind these names should be easily pronounced by a couple drunks in Indiana.

Apache for the top one and Wally for the little one......something easy to name and close by for action, the name just popped up.

I hate naming new knives and patterns, but that clipped one looks very slick with the 2-Tone finish.

well the 3x3 looks like a bigger Hornet...soooo it could be the Hornier??? :D

I picked up these two at Blade in addition to a Finn hunter.

I've just been calling the top one a clipped Yuma. No idea, but I do know the president of Ka-Bar took time to show the "sexy upsweep" to a customer at Blade Show.
The bottom one, I think I heard Murph call a 3x5 (three fingers, five inches?). However, my knife is six-inches long. Maybe I misheard.
Whatever the case, it's damn handy. I wore it during the entire show and used it for a variety of small tasks. Great little belt knife.

E12C97B2-FBB8-466C-9743-6F8AFEA017CC_zps7yvqklsc.jpg

Top knife:
Boca
Or perhaps, Blackwater

Lower knife:

The Crow

Doc

Keep in mind these names should be easily pronounced by a couple drunks in Indiana.

The Yuma kind of looks like a Mini Bowie. How about The Yowie.

Get drunk and see if you can say Yowie 10 times fast. We may need this on video.

Jeremy

Back