• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Two Phill Hartsfield knives for sale

Hartfield Strongboy - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

Hartsfield Mountain Man Skinner - New - Never used
4" blade/8" over all length
Made from 1/4" stock. Spine is 1/4-inch thick.
Leather scabbard with unique locking system
I hate to part with these - Phill is getting up there in age and macular degeneration is causing him some problems. This knife could be very valuable in the future.
$950.00

P1000941.jpg

P1000942.jpg

P1000946.jpg

P1000943.jpg

P1000944.jpg

I'm not sure - if you have your thumb on the spine while holding the knife in your right hand the ground side will be turned in, while if you hold it in your left, the ground side will be facing out.

That would be the correct grind for a lefty, most others grind it this way but it's incorrect for right handed people.

Good thinking KA!

Win

Because when you cut left handed you can see where your cut is clearly.
Also, if you forehand slash left handed, the flat side is toward the target and you do not hit on the back edge of the bevel and glance off.

No, its not ground for a lefty. Top knife used to belong to me, I bought it at the 96 Solvang custom show. Recognized it because its ground slighty narrower than my standard strongboys on the left hand side.(also recognized the sheath) Phill ground the knife on the left as it was meant to be drawn reverse style.(right hand side) If its of any interest, I traded it to Nordic Knives in 2001.

Man this is like the 3rd place I have seen this EXACT strongboy! It's a beauty and as for the mountain man skinner the 2nd time i've seen it floating around on the internet! Both are AWESOME! Phill's blades will cut like you wouldn't believe and worth every single penny!

Thanks for the kind words Jack. I'm better off financially than I thought I was earlier in the week. I may pull these and keep them. The hair seem to jump away from the blade, the edge is so sharp. When I first got them I dang near shaved my left arm bald. It was easier than using a commercial razor. I still have one of his folders (I'll sell my kids before I sell it) and I use it frequently, yet it maintains a shaving edge. Amazing blades.

Keep those blades. Phill is getting up there in age and won't be around forever. After he's gone (hopefully not for another 100 years), those will be even more expensive and the wait time if you ever want to get one made by his son Phill Jr. will be even longer. I could never afford one of his blades, but have drooled over them for a good seven years now. I have seen some really crazy things done with his blades that most makers blades would have either snapped or broken.

Or

Trade them in or sell them for a bigger one! Phill's stuff is awesome! Wish I had the money back in the days to get one :)

Back