Two Sun knives, affordable EDC?

What do you think of these Two Sun knives?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, my camera battery's dead, but the knife Bryce wants a look at is here.
Unlike the youtube reviews, it wasn't swimming in oil.
The blade was fully oiled for rust prevention, but the frame was dry.

It seems better than I was afraid it might be, blade it tight throughout its travel, bearings are smooth and seemingly frictionless if you hold the latch off the blade (a very good way to let the blade fall on your thumb BTW).

Without having used it, I have one complaint about the design.
The pocket clip is STIFF!
To put it on your pocket once and carry it all day it's annoying.
To actually use it and put it back on the pocket several times a day would not be acceptable.
That pretty machined titanium clip needs to go on the grinder and lose a lot of thickness.

Worksmanship complaints:
The jimping on the flipper works great, but if the hammer spur on a nice pistol looked like that I'd be shopping for an aftermarket hammer.
Edge grind: I can scrape hair off my arm with it effectively, but I wouldn't call that shaving.
Other than those two minor objections, the look and feel of this thing (TS-34) have exceeded my hopes.

The question remains, is it a good knife, or an attractive holder for a soft blade?
Anybody in south central Michigan (Lansing-Battle Creek areas) that wants to stick it in a Rockwell tester?

I think TwoSun is stepping up their game.
Their newer stuff is real nice.

Brought in a TS27 last week. $42 delivered. Timely delivery even in the midst of the Christmas mailing rush. Knife itself is nicely contoured Titanium frame w/3 7/8 inch D2 blade and all the other features of a well made knife. Overall fit/finish was good in all aspects. I can't find a flaw to complain about (other than the clip). Agree on the clip.....nicely machined titanium...but way too tight. But the knife itself?....it's a bargain.

Just bought a TS88. Mortise/tenon titanium construction w/M390 blade. Will be here in two weeks or less. I have every confidence I'm going to love it.

The two sun's models made by night morning design are the nice models. Not my favorite designs but they are original and look cool. Some are even innovative. Can't say much about the rest from the company.

Man I know this is an old post and I'm a new to blade forum but I was just wondering if anyone had checked out some of the newer Two Sun knives? If so I was interested in what they thought about the over all quality at the price point? Hopefully I don't get gouged for inquiring about foreign knives. USA Born and Bred and always prefer to buy so. However there is Undeniably a seemingly ever growing trend that is destined to shake up the market for as far as old norms or standards in "The ole bang fer yer buck" area of the market available to consumers. More or less I'm just interested in what ya'll good people think about this issue, whether it's precieved as good or whether people are willing to draw a line in the Sand like in the auto markets of the late 70's, 80's, & 90's with a few hold out still today not buying but Ford Co. or G.M.

Again I'm new so if this topic has already wore a hole in your patience your pocket or sanity...
ALL APOLOGIES!

So firstly as has been stated in here the dislike/disapproval of TwoSun Knives is not that they are Chinese, it is not that they are poor quality, but it is instead that they clone other knives. Cloning is the pretty cousin to Counterfeiting it is still a dirty business but it isn't an outright lie and scam. This is a big deal for a number of reasons but for those looking for best bang for your buck I can only simplify it down to the fact that there are plenty of brands that compete at the budget levels with excellent quality w/o stealing designs.

Last edited:
And there you have it in a nutshell... Bravo.

I agree completely with as far as clones go. There should be some kind of oversight as far as artic design rights. Knives and the design effort that goes into a quality piece is nothing short of functional art. I think as with all things there are obvious levels to the craft but when someone hits on that definitive design that is often ground breaking they should be the beneficiary of the benefits. Having cheaper priced knock offs that are never the gonna be the same as the original if only for not coming from the designers factory(tho more than usually clones lack in almost every aspect) but will always affect the success over time of the original. Man it seems like if designers can't sell their original s for what their worth after cost, then the industry could end up lacking where it has shinned most lately the explosion of knife designers, custom forges, and even companies that have come on the scene in America this last while. If each individual cog in the production, designers, forges, etc. Can't make a full time living or keep the doors open then we all suffer from what seems like would be an inevitable decline for the creative end of the market. Products are always made best by passionate people who love their craft and understand quality control can make or break a smaller company. I grew up in Alaska, guns and knives were always close if not on. It's a way of life still even in the town's, outside of Anchorage. Even in the city u don't need a conceal permit for either it's so ingrained. I've seen knives change like all else in my life time. I am constantly blown away by the creativeness and inguinuity in the knife market today. It's healthy and ever growing. I understand free markets are great for consumers but...
Wow got passionate myself there and a lil carried away. I'm interested to see what other people think about this. Does anyone know(if there isianyone is still out there) if there is any national or internation oversight as far as design credit, royalties, or like in the tech world Intellectual Property Rights for code and such, licensing laws...? Or is it just a free for all? If not then it seems like the ARTISTS, ENGINEERS, MACHINISTS to THE LOGISTICS WIZ, Hell most of American knife industry as it is may go the way of The Antartic Ice Shelf, Glaciers back home, or being able to punish your kids per your own discretion as to how u see fit! CONCERN OR CRAZY?

No, you're right. Being a knife nut is essentially a thing of passion. If you're passionate about knives, you're not basically the "hunt for the lowest price" consumer, I assume... As the saying goes : Vote with your wallet ! Reward the creative, authentic, honest makers by buying their production. Downvote the cheaters, cloners, thieves by not buying their stuff. The knife world can only benefit from this.

I bought two on eBAY for less then $35 total for the pair. For what they are, they are great. Sometimes you need a knife that you can use or loan to someone without being concerned about it. Mine came sharp, easy opening & not terrible to look at. If China can produce an iPhone, they are capable of producing a pocket knife. I'd put TwoSun at the level of Cold Steel. Having said that most of the Chinese stuff is still junk, but these guys seem to have it together.

I can find other better more reputable brands for a solid beater/loaner w/o giving money to a company using thievery or vendors who sell such items. I have never said anything about the quality of the product only about the dishonest practices and that there are honest, or at least by comparison, businesses that are more deserving of your dollar.

No need for all the China hate. I find it boring here and on other websites....Some the TwoSun stuff is great....Still completely enjoy my TS27 titanium...Solid functional knife....brought in an addition 4 of them to give away as gifts...everyone loves them....brought in the G-10 liner lock version as well. Prefer the titanium version but the G-10 version at $28 US from a US seller is a steal. I flew out to Ohio to visit family and mailed the G-10 to myself for this visit. Will mail it back tomorrow before I fly.....Ignore the anti China dementia...It's about the knife.

Most of this since it was revived has not been about it being Chinese but about the practice of cloning that TwoSuns is a part of and is a shame to the industry. I would shame TwoSuns equally if they were Russian, Irish, African, American, Australian, etc.

Most of this since it was revived has not been about it being Chinese but about the practice of cloning that TwoSuns is a part of and is a shame to the industry. I would shame TwoSuns equally if they were Russian, Irish, African, American, Australian, etc.

The early TwoSun knives are pretty generic. A number of the newer TwoSun Night Morning designs I've seen appear innovative...Such as the knife that assembles/unassembles with tenons. I haven't run across many alternatives highly similar to the TS27...they might exist but I haven't seen them so is the TS27 really a knock off? But people are going to see and say what they will and it's really not important. Look at sedan cars today...can't tell one from another...so what?...How many manufacturers make Fender Strat shaped guitars....who cares....many are remarkably superior to the Fender original.....

I've also brought in the Bestech Swordfish....nice knife for $43. Very nice blade shape and handle...but the blade is only 3mm and the G-10 handle edges felt sharp so I sanded them a bit.....The TwoSsun G-10 was a better knife IMHO...3.8mm steel and it opens better. But the shape of the Swordfish is great. Knock off of something else?...who knows?

Appolagize for using the word dementia....maybe I should have said knee jerk reaction or something similar...no slight intended.

Also.....I was responding to post #25 asking about TwoSun knves. My response was fairly specific from 1st and experience.

Last edited:
It isn't about every model being a clone to me if you make one clone then that is bad enough for me to shame you. How a company reacts when called out for their behavior is a factor that can potentially redeem them. I will not endorse such business practices and would advise others to avoid those such companies.

I won't buy MicroTech knives and in part due to their whole cloning fiasco.

Then you won't be buying many American made knives under $40......and i know you won't by buying one of the quality of the TwoSun TS27 titanium I referenced above.

Got you eye on anything US made you think is interesting in the under $40 price range? I'd be willing to take a look at it.

Appolagize for using the word dementia....maybe I should have said knee jerk reaction or something similar...no slight intended.

Also.....I was responding to post #25 asking about TwoSun knves. My response was fairly specific from 1st and experience.

Again, not to belabor the point, but there are intelligent, thoughtful, experienced members here who reject Chinese-made knives outright, on principle.

I would hardly call their opinions "knee-jerk". I'm sure you would not appreciate them dismissing your opinions.

I'm sure as you participate in the discussion more here on BF you will come to appreciate the fact that others here have opinions equally valid to yours....just different and sometimes completely opposed. :thumbsup:

Back