u.p.s boycott

I am new to these forums so I may be rehashing old news. It has come to my attention that U.P.S. has new very restrictive rules on firearms shippment. No, firearms are not knives, but I would bet most active knife owners / users have a shooter in their house[ or more than one]. [except in some states where only the bad guys have guns] Any way let's boycott these dung beetles! Call up everyone in your chain of business and request that they use someone else other than ups for any shippment! As this forum is led by leaders in the knife business community help get the ball rolling. Mr. Glesser, and every one else in your CEO posistion, please call ups and tell them where to stick it[no pun intended] Will you help? Lets make a stand guys, [ I guess Custer made a stand, too, but least he went down fighting]
Keepem sharp, Ron

Ron

I am checking this out. I will get an answer and some action going.

What info I have been able to get - UPS has changed rules so that guns can no longer be shipped ground. You must use their faster delivery services. This is consistent with other carriers, i.e. Fed Exp. Their explanation - it's easier to prevent theft. Of course, the rules still apply regarding sending to an FFL holder or to yourself as owner.
Jan

------------------
Jan Billeb
Executive Director, AKTI

Back