Ugliest Traditionals

I love Case knives, but their clip blades on the medium stockman that has the nail nick down near the tip look horrible to me. It's a shame because I love the pattern, but won't buy any of those.

I'm not sure it's a specific manufacturer, or a pattern, but the spear points that start narrow near the bolster then get bigger are bad too. Looks like a spoon...

I have to agree with the French Kate. I could imagine some burlesque lady carrying one but the pattern just oozes of cheesy for me. :D (that can be a good thing too though)

I agree with what has been said here. Something that has not been mentioned--this may be blasphemy to some--are the toothpick/powderhorn knives. They do absolutely zero for me. I don't care for how they feel in hand either.

If we're having an Ugly Knife contest, I'll have to dig out pictures of one that will have everyone beat. I no longer have the knife, since it was so ugly I had to avert my eyes whilst returning it to the vendor. :barf: :D

I wanna see it. hahaha :D

Is the question about ugly patterns, or ugly individual knives? Or knives you know are ugly, but you kind of like them anyway?

All of the above, I think. :)

If we're having an Ugly Knife contest, I'll have to dig out pictures of one that will have everyone beat. I no longer have the knife, since it was so ugly I had to avert my eyes whilst returning it to the vendor. :barf: :D

I wanna see it. hahaha :D

Me too. :D

I think I replied to a similar thread a while back. I don't recall what I was thinking at the time when I bought this but this Case Magenta Bone Mini Copperhead is my entry:

However, I did carry it for quite a while and it does what a knife is supposed to do (cut things) quite well.

That's like some kind of Jigged Beetroot!:barf::D

Pity, it's a fine pattern too, really like my version in Root Beer Bone as the scales are nice and thick.

I think you should go for a tea-dye session, that'll beautify it.

One of many examples of a fake...

I agree, both cutting blades were ....-welded.

Note their modern Japanese nail nicks.

BRL...

I see the rainbows and I see ....... and I expect to see welds. Now that I look again I'm not sure I do see welds this time.
attachment.php

Another example...

Here you go.

Yukon3.jpg

This one is probably not welded, but it has been ground down, buffed out, and re-etched. And the worn down bone stained with tobacco soup. ....

Oh Lord Jake! :D r8shell may have you beat but until she post hers, Zombie Nick wins hand down!!! :eek:

Not everyone sees things in the same way, the 'beauty' of my old WW2 army clasp knives is, I imagine, lost on many people, whereas I found the Trestle Pines Grand Portage, which seemed popular, spectacularly unattractive.

DSC_4033.jpg

Am I the only one who actually finds that really rugged and attractive?

Not everyone sees things in the same way, the 'beauty' of my old WW2 army clasp knives is, I imagine, lost on many people, whereas I found the Trestle Pines Grand Portage, which seemed popular, spectacularly unattractive.

DSC_4033.jpg

Jack I have to agree I don't know what it is about the Grand Portage but to my eye just doesn't look right. I also have never understood lady leg knives they just don't appeal to me at all. But that is one of the great things about traditional knives Having so many different patterns to choose from there's something for everyone and for folks that do like the aforementioned knives I am happy you like them and I am sure I like some knives that you don't. :)

Is the question about ugly patterns, or ugly individual knives? Or knives you know are ugly, but you kind of like them anyway?

What's not to like? :D

Those lady leg knives(Proper name someone?) do look cheesy. That one you picture though isn't that bad and because it is a bottle opener I could see myself carrying one. If I decide to be a collector, one of those will be on the list to acquire, preferably a high end version.

Ya'll ever see one of those knives that have the clear covers with the game inside. You know. You roll the B.B. around and try to ring the hole?

And an Elephant toe. Plus anything with a bail. Can't stand'em. An?d I'm in complete agreement with those cheap lady leg knives. What's up with that?

I'll add the Elephant Toe knife as well. I just don't see it's purpose as well as it being out of proportion in almost every way.

Ya'll ever see one of those knives that have the clear covers with the game inside. You know. You roll the B.B. around and try to ring the hole?

Are you calling the mighty Tarzan ugly? :eek:
I'd call it more silly than ugly. :D

Those lady leg knives(Proper name someone?) do look cheesy. That one you picture though isn't that bad and because it is a bottle opener I could see myself carrying one. If I decide to be a collector, one of those will be on the list to acquire, preferably a high end version.

Cheesy is a good word for it. The fact that it could be used as a bottle opener led me to trying one out. Sometimes I can't resist picking up a novelty knife.

That sounds like a challenge, r8shell! :D ;)

I'll post the pics of the World's Ugliest Knife, but the thing to remember is that there's nothing wrong with the pattern or style itself. This was just the worst made example I'd had the displeasure to handle.

If we are talking about ugly patterns/styles, I'd nominate the Rough Rider Double Trapper (also available in Muskrat and Canoe version):

rr1108_4.jpg

Last edited:
Worlds Ugliest Knife - Execution Category

Back