Ugliest Traditionals

This one's easy. "Lady Legs" are by far the most hideous knives of all, right next to red/green Christmas specials.

s-l225.jpg

Worlds Ugliest Knife - Execution Category

Not the finest example of the cutler's art but I'm not sure if it wins the title. There is heavy competition in the category of poorly made knives. ;)

For what it's worth, I like your Tarzan knife :thumbup: :D

All those TC and NF Barlows are pretty darn ugly. Hideous actually. None of you should have to put up with them in your collections. Let me help you...send them my way :D

Are you calling the mighty Tarzan ugly? :eek:
I'd call it more silly than ugly. :D

Cheesy is a good word for it. The fact that it could be used as a bottle opener led me to trying one out. Sometimes I can't resist picking up a novelty knife.

I'll post the pics of the World's Ugliest Knife, but the thing to remember is that there's nothing wrong with the pattern or style itself. This was just the worst made example I'd had the displeasure to handle.

If we are talking about ugly patterns/styles, I'd nominate the Rough Rider Double Trapper (also available in Muskrat and Canoe version):

rr1108_4.jpg

I don't find that Tarzan Barlow ugly at all, and I really like the shape of the clip blade ( how's the quality on it for a 4$ knife ? )
I'm not big on Tarzan though, and I'd rather have the red Ryder version or better yet if they made one with quickdraw McGraw on it.

There's Phat Stag and then there's this...:D Wildly horrible:barf: Needs a lot of grinding and then turning into smooth Stag, plenty of liner gap too and that stag looks like it's been laying around some moor for a century before being dragged in, porous...:grumpy:

Yes, this gets the Execution Category ( I'd give it the Chair too! :D) But there are numerous rivals, my Wright in Horn is just a farce: bent blade, horn peeling from liners, huge gaps, raised spring, dreadful quality (and it was a replacement, worse than the original):rolleyes:

Enough to gag a maggot!!:eek:
:thumbdn:

LOL! :D I agree! :D :thumbup:

Jack I have to agree I don't know what it is about the Grand Portage but to my eye just doesn't look right. )

Apologies to those who like the knife, but for me there was absolutely nothing right about it - from the hideous Xmas tree brass bolsters, (many of which appeared to be very badly stamped), to that rotten blade combination, with both the blade and cap-lifter really badly done. Ugh! :barf:

I don't find that Tarzan Barlow ugly at all, and I really like the shape of the clip blade ( how's the quality on it for a 4$ knife ? )
I'm not big on Tarzan though, and I'd rather have the red Ryder version or better yet if they made one with quickdraw McGraw on it.

I LIKE the look of those novelty Barlows, they make me smile. What they're actually like in-hand, I don't know, but I'm going to snap up a Zorro Barlow at some point! :D :thumbup:

That WAS pretty ROTTEN wasn't it?! :eek: I'd forgotten how bad it was! I sent one back and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as that! :D You did well to send it back r8shell :thumbup:

There's Phat Stag and then there's this...:D Wildly horrible:barf: Needs a lot of grinding and then turning into smooth Stag, plenty of liner gap too and that stag looks like it's been laying around some moor for a century before being dragged in, porous...:grumpy:

Yes, this gets the Execution Category ( I'd give it the Chair too! :D) But there are numerous rivals, my Wright in Horn is just a farce: bent blade, horn peeling from liners, huge gaps, raised spring, dreadful quality (and it was a replacement, worse than the original):rolleyes:

The more I think about it, we could all post examples of poorly made knives, and if I tried to make a knife, it would probably come out looking quite ugly.

However, the creativity it takes to come up with something like this mutant conjoined Muskrat is something special. :D

rr1113_4.jpg

You're on a roll r8shell! :D :thumbup:

Ha! You're lucky I couldn't find the image of it in Christmas Candy Cane Stripes! :D :barf: :D

I don't have any of the candy stripers, but do have a couple red/green Christmas models. Not quite as bad.....almost? The filework is really funky, but I kind of like it. [emoji51][emoji2]

2lc1yko.jpg

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

That takes kitsch to a whole new level....:cool:

I do have a' Luck of the Irish 'RR Canoe somewhere, but I'm not showing that!:barf::D

This Buck inspired Chinese lockback, simply because the original pattern has not much appeal to me (just my pov), BUT it was given to me by a late Cousin the last time we met, so impossible to get rid of it.
Gyuri.jpg

So I was laughing about a knife on this thread last week and when I showed it to my wife she said she wanted one! I asked why and there is no way to get around her answer of " for my collection"! So...

eb02d87e881b8f9c3d26ae7ea07d36b4.jpg

No doubt the ugliest knife I've ever seen!

Clay

Last edited:
I never ordered this one. I had ordered a Joseph Rodgers rosewood barlow from a NZ big internet shop and received this beauty. I still wonder if that was really a mistake! :rolleyes:
GW.jpg

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but some of these knives could only be appreciated by a blind man.

Back