Ugly Knife Pics

That being said, it looks like a pretty decent knife. Not a fan of the nail nick, but aside from that, it looks like it has nice clean lines, reminds me a bit of the Spyderco Slyzchszsh Bowie in terms of profile. Some anodizing maybe a bronze color on the handle would give it a nice look.

Yeah looks good but mystery china knife is an easy pass for me

I don't know, to me it's more one of those "If you like it, buy it." type of deals, since it supports a new (?) Chinese company who puts out their own designs. One more company that might think "Oh, no need to clone other designs, ours are liked and get bought!"

That being said, it looks like a pretty decent knife. Not a fan of the nail nick, but aside from that, it looks like it has nice clean lines, reminds me a bit of the Spyderco Slyzchszsh Bowie in terms of profile. Some anodizing maybe a bronze color on the handle would give it a nice look.
I thought it interesting and quirky enough of it to find it for sale . Opening bid=$148 . But might not even be M390 , so I exercised my "stubborn" . :(

I thought it interesting and quirky enough of it to find it for sale . Opening bid=$148 . But might not even be M390 , so I exercised my "stubborn" . :(

Is there a way to test it? I mean I wouldn't know how to test my knives what steel they are exactly, I believe the companies since I don't think it would do them good to lie about it. I don't recall any company lying about their steel aside from that whole Bark River thing, and even that seemed more like idiocy than maliciousness on their part. (At least from what I remember)
M390 is so ubiquitous in China these days, I just feel like it's available so easily, they might as well use it. (Reate, WE, Maxace, Stedemon, Rike and half a dozen ChinaBay companies apparently use it.)

Is there a way to test it? I mean I wouldn't know how to test my knives what steel they are exactly, I believe the companies since I don't think it would do them good to lie about it. I don't recall any company lying about their steel aside from that whole Bark River thing, and even that seemed more like idiocy than maliciousness on their part. (At least from what I remember)
M390 is so ubiquitous in China these days, I just feel like it's available so easily, they might as well use it. (Reate, WE, Maxace, Stedemon, Rike and half a dozen ChinaBay companies apparently use it.)
At the price , it could be real for sure . I think with some long use you could tell something from edge retention , etc . Some much cheaper China knives will promise you whatever steel you like . I've seen ads on fleabay claiming 3 different steel types for the same exact model . But this Puppy has obviously more unique design work than the cheap clones types .

At the price , it could be real for sure . I think with some long use you could tell something from edge retention , etc . Some much cheaper China knives will promise you whatever steel you like . I've seen ads on fleabay claiming 3 different steel types for the same exact model . But this Puppy has obviously more unique design work than the cheap clones types .

Of course, I think in part the whole "claiming different steel types" comes more down to trying to broaden search parameters and less malicious intent at least in some cases I mean some of the Ebay stuff is similar "TACTICAL GREEN OD LASER POINTER SHEATH MOLLE KYDEX FOLDER KNIFE" which ends up being a sheath that's designed for a random fixed knife, happens to be made of Nylon and has a pouch for some extra stuff. Yeah it's BS but it's more to get exposure than to outright trick people.

Well I bought it. Now it will take a little more than a month for me to get it.

I have seen various videos in Russian of a guy who tests the steel of these Chinese knives. Alot of times it was indeed the steel that was being advertised. He said most times you can tell by the price. If you see a 12.50$ knife saying it is s35vn then guess what; it’s not.

However as the knives get more expensive, particularly over the 75-80$ mark nearly all the knives had the steel they advertised. Of course that doesn’t mean squat if they are botching the heat treatment. The only way to test that is potentially through use.

I read a blog somewhere in which a guy claimed he had sent an email to Bohler-Uddleholm and Crucible to ask them if they were shipping lots of m390 and s35vn to China for use in making knives. Apparently (according to one internet random dude) these companies replied saying that indeed, they do ship alot of those steels for that purpose.

I will let you guys know how the knife performs when I get it. The only thing now is I need to find someone to tap it and add a clip.

It's just like some of you "superior types" to knock advanced technology. :mad: How many other "adjustable guards" have you seen or used (in Nitrobe 77 no less)? :confused: $700 + is a bargain, I just don't want to take advantage of her "situation". :rolleyes:

Is this baby in here already?

tumblr_omdfstNGmY1vojbu3o1_1280.jpg

Thank you for doing your part to keep the thread alive. That knife is positively nauseating.

Miltner Adams knives:

Custom folding throwing star.
XTMAFTS1t.jpg

XTMAFTS1tb.jpg

A hideous folder also by miltner.

MAMA1.jpg
If they put different driver bits on that star thing , it could be an ugly throwing multitool ! :rolleyes:

Back