Ugly Knife Pics

Those are Nemoto knives and the thing at top middle is a jutte--for catching swords. Not my cup of tea but as far as modern interpretations of outdated weapons go, it ain't half bad.

Those are Nemoto knives and the thing at top middle is a jutte--for catching swords. Not my cup of tea but as far as modern interpretations of outdated weapons go, it ain't half bad.

It looks like it has an edge though. Jutte don’t have edges and typically aren’t that long. I’m not disagreeing with you just that I imagine if you ever did get into a ninja sword fight your edge would be destroyed catching swords with it. Also if you look it looks like the inner two sides of thd place where you catch swords is also sharpened.

Most of all the handle designs look awkward and uncomfortable though.

qcEnfLT.png

For 76 cents including shipping, this thing is going to look like crap lol

I kinda like the “Death roll” idea. I’m just not too much into that straight edge.

Last edited:
I kinda like the idea they/he is going for with it, and it would actually a pretty decent knife with some tweaks. (Simplify the scale pattern, make it uniform on both sides, make the eye an actual, ideally usable hole, make a simple small clip and instead fake the tail with a braided lanyard, make the hump on the back smaller.....redesign the whole thing in a way but keep the theme?!)

I can't post pics right now but Darriel Caston's knives fit this thread perfectly. His prices are insane too.

I can't post pics right now but Darriel Caston's knives fit this thread perfectly. His prices are insane too.

Well, that's because he's trying to be like Serge Panchenko (even going so far as to immitate his designs also), so that's no surprise.

if you ever did get into a ninja sword fight your edge would be destroyed catching swords with it.

If someone ever got into a ninja fight and was able to trap a sword with that thing, that person should be declared king of all ninjas :D

Back