UK Knife Laws - A New Hope?

I realize that remainers dont care for Brexit but the economy is clearly NOT grinding to a halt and could you please keep your politics out of GeeDee.

We are here for the knives.

As for the latter, Ive heard about the proposal. Its silly but why am I not surprised. Life for knife afficionados in the UK is not easy.

Its the writing on the wall; first the guns then the knives.
As for how nuts it is; if you travel with for example a hunting firearm and want to fly British Airways, you have to pay an extra fee (on top of your ticket) of £125 to pay for a special firearms expert to be called and evaluate the firearm and the transport of it.

Nuts.

Eventually it might end up like that in regards to knives as well.
I wouldnt be surprised.
Please refrain from assuming my personal position on Brexit, my share portfolio has soared. If you seriously think the greater economy has not slowed, then you need to get out more.

I didn’t bring ‘my politics’ into this, I was reporting on something positive in the UK knife community. How about you leave your politics out of this thread? Cheers.

Please refrain from assuming my personal position on Brexit, my share portfolio has soared. If you seriously think the greater economy has not slowed, then you need to get out more.

I didn’t bring ‘my politics’ into this, I was reporting on something positive in the UK knife community. How about you leave your politics out of this thread? Cheers.

Writing that;
It’s almost as if HMG scratched their heads and thought, ‘With the economy grinding to a halt post-Brexit......
is of course political.

Your initial post would have been just as valid in regards to knife issues without that political comment.

I would point out the restriction indicates no delivery but there should be nothing keeping a delivery to be held at a local postal office or carrier's depot. Simply a slip left at the home for pick up with id requested. That's the way I read it.

In my 28 years of LE, most of it in New Mexico I can remember only 2 stabbing that did not involve kitchen cutlery. One involved a Buck 110 (self defense) and the other involved a Swiss Army knife (Tinker if I recall correctly) and that person was charged with aggravated battery. The vast majority involved steak knives, boning knives or other sharp instruments found in the kitchen (forks). They should probably add forks to the banned list, we can all eat with spoons.

Back