Ultimate Production Chef Knife NEW IMAGES

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by Lotmom, Nov 6, 2018.

1. ckdexterhaven

ckdexterhaven

Feb 16, 2019
    Okay, great, a Patina is definitely a good sign!

2. KenHash

KenHash Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    That's great. Could you post some pics of your prototype/samples that you've tested that show the patina? Thanks.

3. amflud

amflud

Jun 10, 2009
    My preference is for the logo to be small. Small logo and print.

4. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Here you go! The one on the bottom has been used for a while, compared to the new sample.

[​IMG]

FOG2 likes this.
  5. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Big news, guys! I've pulled together my investors and I'm making the order for the first 50 knives along with a sample beforehand! I will only be selling in Canada for now, so sorry to the internationals!
    Ill keep everyone up to date. My next post should be with the new sample.

marchone likes this.
  6. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Hello all. It is now time for me to start thinking about box design. Are there any artists here that are interested in helping? I'd be happy to negotiate a deal.

7. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    The box logo is done! I just got word that the factory is currently cutting out the blade. I'd give it another week or so before they ship.

Fixall and FOG2 like this.
  8. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Here are some of the new images! I can't wait to get the knife in my hand!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nice thin spine!

[​IMG]
    Balance looks pretty good

[​IMG]
    The money shot!

I'll give another update when I actually receive it!

FOG2, marchone and sryt95 like this.
  9. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    So I just had a chat with my contact over at the factory and it turns out we *may* be able to get a mirror polish, but not yet.

If this knife sells well, I am considering doing a limited edition with jade g-10 handles and a polished blade, along with some other things which are still a surprise. Any thoughts?

10. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Personally I don't care for the jade and polished makes no difference to me, performance is all I care about.

11. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    I was thinking that polished may have better food release

12. amflud

amflud

Jun 10, 2009
    I fine without the polish.

It looks good. I’d get one if it becomes available if it becomes available in the US.

13. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    For now I'm only doing Canadian, but If it goes well I will expand.

14. ace

ace Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2000
    In general food release is worse on mirror polished blades all else being equal. Most of what you cut in the kitchen is wet, so polishing creates a better seal between the blade and what you cut. Conversely, geometry has more effect on food release than finish on knives with good food release, on knives with bad food release finish has more of an effect, but less polish to a degree is better than mirror polish which is one of the worst for food release. Mirror polish can improve corrosion resistance though.

FOG2 likes this.
  15. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Ok, The corrosion resistance shouldn't matter, It is stainless clad.

That's good to know, though

16. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    Update: The knife is coming tomorrow! I'm incredibly excited to see how it is!

FOG2 likes this.
  17. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    The knife has arrived and its great. I Will give some proper updates in a few weeks once I confirm the steel is hap 40.

What I can say now is that the balance and weight are spot on. It slices like a machine, and the food release isnt terrible for a broad blade like that.

18. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    I look forward to seeing it. I'm sure you've already done it but could you post the measurements please.
    Only available in Canada :(

19. Lotmom

Lotmom

Apr 21, 2016
    I will do that tonight when I get home from work.

And ONLY the first batch will be Canada specific. depending on the demand I may do CONUS as well... so don't lose hope yet.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    FOG2 likes this.