Ultrasharp 3k impressions

That's an interesting jig you have made and seems to work quite well for you. I've had the full set of the ultra sharp plates for a bit now and really like em', imo great quality for the price. Use them for sharpening knives, wood and leather working tools. Don't want to bash DMT's products as I have been using them for quite some time however their dia-sharp line of plates seems really hit or miss over the last few years or so.

Pros:
  • Every plate is nice and flat
  • The diamond seems very well bonded (electroplated) to the plate, no matter how much force (dry or with lubricant) I use with them seems to damage or remove the diamond abrasive from the plate(s).
  • The diamond seems to be very evenly distributed onto the plate(s).
Cons:
  • Extremely aggressive when new and seem to have a very long break in period at least for me.
  • Writing on the plate wears off after a little use, I used a dremel with a diamond tipped bit to etch the grit rating onto the bottom of each plate.
  • One of the plates started to de-laminate on the side (kinda how chrome plating chips) however peeled it off and smoothed it out with a water stone and it stopped de-laminating.

AhiWF5Ih.jpg

Last edited:
Back