Umfaan Left Hand

I purchased my lefty Umfaan way back and seem to have misplaced the box/birthday card.

Can anybody tell me the name of the CGG?.

Can anybody tell me what they are currently worth. The few I see in the exchange Forums have sale price edited out and none were left hand model. I read a quote from Ann Reeve that their were only 1500 Umfaan’s and approx 25 were lefty. Given the rarity does the box make a big difference in the price?

The Umfaan is the on the far right in the picture.

Last edited:
I don't see a photo, you can go to the tech forum to learn how to post one.
You are not allowed to ask price ?'s with your membership level-Gold or higher needed
Original box and papers always add to value, as does unused and mint condition

You routinely see them anywhere from $500-1500. Most are in the $700-1000 range though. A lefty would command the higher end of that in the $1000ish as it’s extrememly rare. Perhaps more. Unfortunately, original boxes and paperwork can add several hundred to these old models, not just umfaans. As much as $500. Some designs you see pop up often, others not so much. I have seen some stunning UG’s with MOP and those are the ones I have seen go for the $1500.

I have owned 2. Had a spear and sun CGG and paid $700. Showed my sweetheart and she asked how much. I got the look like... you paid $700 for that little thing...? So I sold it for that amount also. It was a full set. A month later I scored one with no paperwork on eBay for $300. It’s a spear and grass. This one is a keeper as I can live with the price and even she said.... that’s much better.... lol.

Looking forward to pics as
Nothing showed up yet.

A left handed Umfaan sold on eBay for 1050 mid December. Here’s a pic of the graphic.

Attachments

• 5CC07938-1940-4696-8736-CF46D62EE1E1.jpeg
    5CC07938-1940-4696-8736-CF46D62EE1E1.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 49
That is My umfaan.. I canceled the auction because I listed it as being without the box and birthday card and then my wife reminded me it may have been mixed in with stuff I sent down to my condo in Florida. My wife is going down next week so I will know for sure if the box/birthday card can be found. I thought it a sin to sell the this 20yr old knife with out them if there is a chance it can still be found.

Once I find out for sure I plan to sell it again. I assume I would need to upgrade my membership to sell it here. I’m guessing the people here would recognize it for what it is worth over eBay and be a better forum for me?

If anyone know the name of the CGG image please let me know?

Back