Umnumzaan doesn't need the lock bar stop anymore

mongomondo

SUPPRESSING FIRE
I understand that Chris added the LBS back in the day because people were bending out the lock bar. Do we still need this when the Inkosi and the 31 have the exact same lock system? If people bending the lock was still a problem surely the 31 would have the LBS as well. I'm planning on getting the Umnum when it gets upgraded to S45vn but I also really hope they consider getting rid of the lock bar stop, and maybe update the scale pattern to match the new pivot size and not the old 4-hole version.

“Better to have and not need, than to need and not have”

If it is better to have and not need, shouldn't all knives come with all features. Using the thumb studs as the blade stop is fine. But, we should throw in a stop pin to be sure. Better to have it and not need it after all. I feel that this idea applied to knifes is how the massive 141 function Wenger Giant Swiss knife was born. It has 87 implements all awaiting a need.

How full is the trunk of your car/bed of your truck if I may ask?

We all see things different, I side with OP. However, I can surely see what you mean Roy. That old saying is very situational.

If it is better to have and not need, shouldn't all knives come with all features. Using the thumb studs as the blade stop is fine. But, we should throw in a stop pin to be sure. Better to have it and not need it after all. I feel that this idea applied to knifes is how the massive 141 function Wenger Giant Swiss knife was born. It has 87 implements all awaiting a need.

How full is the trunk of your car/bed of your truck if I may ask?

We all see things different, I side with OP. However, I can surely see what you mean Roy. That old saying is very situational.
All we really needed were the last three sentences.

I agree with aleforme aleforme I like the LBS on the Zaan. I like the look. Probably not needed...but I vote leave it there as it doesnt hinder the performance of the Zaan. :)

It was put there because idiots were bending them out thinking it was like the sebenza because they had difficulty in opening. The Umnumzaan is Not a Sebenza. They open differently. I don’t see the LBS going anywhere.

You never really miss something until it’s not there.
I don’t mind it and really haven’t given it much thought until now. o_O If it was done away with, would people still try to adjust the lock bar tension?

Back