Umnumzaan Front Flipper/Opener - Am I the only one who likes the idea?

I am usually pretty adept at opening my knives in all sorts of ways, and while I can open the Inkosi in a front flipper fashion I don't quite get to flip it.

You could make it one for sure, although I don't care for FF's :D , and yes, I like my CRK's. If I didn't I wouldn't have bought three in like two months. ;)
https://imgur.com/a/yoKEe0Z

I use the corner of my thumb bone and it gives it pretty good grip for the motion, wrist helps too. Front and spidey flickable. I know it's not 100% like a purpose made front flipper, but it scratches the same itch. Warranty voided, I know

Seems like it would cheapen the brand. It would take a away the satisfaction of operating such a great knife regardless of the model. The pic was unpleasant also.

They pride themselves in the smooth operation and prescion of their knives a flipper model doesn't fit their business profile at all.
I didn't count the yes and no on this thread but the majority seems to say no.

CRK can very easily make a flipper that is smooth and precise. If they were concerned about keeping pure to the "Sebenza Image" then why did they introduce knives with adjustable pivots and a slip joint? It's obvious they want to switch it up a bit, so a flipper sometime down the road doesn't seem too out of place imo. It's not like anybody is going to force you to buy it if it does happen

They pride themselves in the smooth operation and prescion of their knives a flipper model doesn't fit their business profile at all.
I didn't count the yes and no on this thread but the majority seems to say no.

So does Grimsmo, Holt, Shirogorov, Reate etcpp. Did the Mnandi cheapen the Sebenza? Their business profile prides themselves more on easily maintainable sturdy knives with tight tolerances. The action would be more a result of their craftsmanship. At least that's how I see it. Again, I am more advocating for an additional model, not a change to existing ones. I really don't get why that would cheapen their brand.

They don't really need one. They stand on what they have made. The Mnandi is right up their alley. Class. Total class. They don't want their knives flipped as it is today..

Just my opinion. Whatever decsions they make will come well thought out.

They don't really need one. They stand on what they have made. The Mnandi is right up their alley. Class. Total class. They don't want their knives flipped as it is today..

Just my opinion. Whatever decsions they make will come well thought out.

Need is relative, in a world where car manufacturers caters to every niche with a dozen models easily, it seems not too unreasonable for CRK to add a slightly changed knife to cater to a part of the market.
I get your reasoning though and understand they are selling plenty of their "sliced bread" models anyway, so they aren't hurting for sales. I just don't think it would hurt them. (That being said I don't quite get the -no flip policy- either, it's like a a sports car manufacturer denying warranty after a track day, yes it is very taxing on a car, but if it's not a flat out racing competition it shouldn't void it.)

Need is relative, in a world where car manufacturers caters to every niche with a dozen models easily, it seems not too unreasonable for CRK to add a slightly changed knife to cater to a part of the market.
I get your reasoning though and understand they are selling plenty of their "sliced bread" models anyway, so they aren't hurting for sales. I just don't think it would hurt them. (That being said I don't quite get the -no flip policy- either, it's like a a sports car manufacturer denying warranty after a track day, yes it is very taxing on a car, but if it's not a flat out racing competition it shouldn't void it.)

The only business that would be hurt by a front flipping Sebenza would be Gareth Bull. His knife is very reminiscent of a front flipper Sebenza. Personally I would love one but I would also love a medium Sebenza and that isn’t going to happen any time soon.

I also didn’t get the “no flick” policy of CRK but after receiving a used Large 21 that had its stop pin collar damaged by flicking I now get it. It’s actually not a thumb only flick that is likely to damage the stop pin collar. Rather it is flicks where a person gives the knife a hard wrist flick along with the thumb that can produce alot of force. This is especially true on the large CRKs where a hard wrist flick plus the weight of the blade can be problematic.

I was able to tell this happened because when the stop pin collar rotated it would find one spot where suddenly the knife had up and down blade play.

Back