Umnumzan Users - What are your experiences?

Is that one brand new? An excellent choice I really dig mine. I have hunted one down that was manufactured on my birthday. Probably my most cherished knife of them all. The O-rings have worn off though, I'll need to replace them at some point.

FWIW, I prefer hardware store o-rings. It might be in my head, but they give me softer landings than the PU variety from CRK.

That said, I have a brand new pair of never-installed factory genuine CR o-rings I’ll mail to you if you shoot me your address in a PM.

Last edited:
Is that one brand new? An excellent choice I really dig mine. I have hunted one down that was manufactured on my birthday. Probably my most cherished knife of them all. The O-rings have worn off though, I'll need to replace them at some point.

Mine? Yea, it was purchased new. I've taken it out of my pocket several times today just to admire it. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to get one.

FWIW, I prefer hardware store o-rings. It might be in my head, but they give me softer landings than the PU variety from CRK.

That said, I have a brand new pair of never-installed factory genuine CR o-rings I’ll mail to you if you shoot me your address in a PM.
Thanks for the offer, I had just kept getting wrapped up in other things and forgot about it. I ordered some O rings from the CRK website along with a leather belt sheath last night.

Congrats on the new Zann, it looks great! I had one in the past and really enjoyed it. I foolishly used it as a trade and haven't bought a replacement.

There's something appealing about getting one fresh outta the box. All the marks and nicks are yours.

Congrats on the new Zann, it looks great! I had one in the past and really enjoyed it. I foolishly used it as a trade and haven't bought a replacement.

There's something appealing about getting one fresh outta the box. All the marks and nicks are yours.

Thanks,

The Zan is a really ergonomic knife for me and fits my hand well. The Sebenza is pretty good and while different the Inkosi felt good but locks you in. The Zan gives me the options I like though. I agree, every mark on it will be mine - plus I had a ton of points from DLT.

I had an Umnumzaan years ago. But ended up selling it. Does it have the tight but smooth vault-like opening and closing action like the Sebenza? I can’t recall.

I had an Umnumzaan years ago. But ended up selling it. Does it have the tight but smooth vault-like opening and closing action like the Sebenza? I can’t recall.

It's a different feel when opening but it's similar in that it's "smooth and vault like" as you described IMO. The thumb studs are positions differently so you have to adjust your technique a bit but there is not doubting the action is pure CRK.

It's a different feel when opening but it's similar in that it's "smooth and vault like" as you described IMO. The thumb studs are positions differently so you have to adjust your technique a bit but there is not doubting the action is pure CRK.
Excellent. Perhaps I should revisit the idea of getting an Umnumzaan again. Love that blade shape.

IMO the Zaan would be the perfect CRK if it wasn’t for the sharp’ish swedge (of course that’s what makes a Zaan a Zaan though...) I love the looks of the swedge, but it kept slicing the stitching in the side of my front right pocket, and I also ruined a few shirts where I would wipe a smudge off the blade with my shirt and would end up with a slit in it. I know, kind of minor and avoidable, but enough to make me let it go unfortunately. It did have the best action of my CRK’s and is the best looking I think. Wouldn’t be surprised if I ended up with another one down the road...

IMO the Zaan would be the perfect CRK if it wasn’t for the sharp’ish swedge (of course that’s what makes a Zaan a Zaan though...) I love the looks of the swedge, but it kept slicing the stitching in the side of my front right pocket, and I also ruined a few shirts where I would wipe a smudge off the blade with my shirt and would end up with a slit in it. I know, kind of minor and avoidable, but enough to make me let it go unfortunately. It did have the best action of my CRK’s and is the best looking I think. Wouldn’t be surprised if I ended up with another one down the road...
The tanto model doesn't have the sharp swedge.

The tanto model doesn't have the sharp swedge.

Thanks for pointing that out, I actually didn’t realize it. I’m usually not a tanto fan so I’ve never really looked at them. The sharp swedge really is my only issue with the Zaan though, so I might have to check it out.

I always wanted a CRK knife. Had a friend on another knife site that had a Zaan and a Small classic 2k. I had a Pat Crawford large and small Ti shark. We traded. I have never regretted it.

Considering the Tanto Umnumzaan myself also. How's the advantage of the tanto and does it pierce almost as good as the drop point w/ swedge? Anyone own both? thanks

If using aftermarket O rings what size do I look for ?

Last ones I bought on Amazon were these:

006 Silicone O-Ring, 70A Durometer, 1/8" ID, 1/4" OD, 1/16" Width

I got red ones. If anyone wants some I have approximately 98 extras currently sitting around as they only come in packs of like, a hundred, so PM me and I'll send you some for like, a dollar. :D

From Sunday:

2IaunRBICTY25suEa0iPu9YH0jvBtCFWpFCtUcrin717oIxBlg1YVcZjxNp4lKVocO7ZAnw1tsPB6BJiKmBIvm3sPA6-l-mbmqnzSb5Q1azqoyy_xfLQ1mcqjaKIfrKFkKSWltnK2Hw=w2400

Back