Uncle Bill Is Gone

munk said:

My sentiments exactly. :( When he hadn't posted after announcing Bill's passing I figured he was just too upset/busy helping Yangdu out. Never in a million years would I have imagined this happening. Rusty and Bill were truly brothers...to the end. :( Thanks for letting us know Fred.

Prayers for Rusty's family.

Bob

Thoughts & Prayers for All :rolleyes: Never know the right words to say upon someone's passing. I just hope that Bill is free from pain and the family will remember the good times and accomplishments of the man.

sarge

Rusty said:
He had been relased to in home hospice care from St. Mary's earlier. Hospice staff were on hand when he passed about 4 PM Pacific time today, Monday March 28th.

Yangdu called me while he was still waiting to be picked up. She said she'd call again later. When she does, I'll have more information.

She is very distraught at this time as she very rightfully should be.
All the best Rusty. Peace and happiness always.

Keep on going and let us know when you get there!

Thanks,
iBear

I am extremely sorry to hear this news. I was a member in the past, but working on my book did not allow me to participate in this wonderful forum. I really appreciated Bill, he was a great man and I will always keep him as a man with a big heart in my mind.

Rest in peace my friend.

Regards

Manoucher

I don't check this forum frequently. Whenever I would i would find myself reading and reading and reading. Now I find this. I am truly saddened and wish the best for everyone left to deal with their loss. God bless.

Words fail me!

I haven't been around much other than watching the forum whilst at university but this loss is truly a tragedy. All I know of Bill is that he was a great man to do business with but moreover he was a good man, there is no higher compliment.

And Rusty, the same applies, what I saw of him on the forum he was fair, funny and a good man.

May they both find peace.

I can only say that I am grateful to Uncle Bill for his work and he will be sorely missed. My deepest sympathy to those close to him at this sad time.

Life is an illusion that takes but a few minutes to complete. Uncle Bill the best is yet to come,and the wonders of your god will be revealed to you for eternity.
See you soon
Floyd O`Leary

This is the first I've been able to post since the move. Jim Clifton was kind enough to let me know of Uncle's passing.

I am sad that he is gone, but he isn't in pain any longer. Bill racked up enough good karma over his lifetime to float an aircraft carrier. I've no doubts he is in a better place.

Uncle provided us all a friendly place on the net to hang out and discuss life, khuks, knives, bears and such. The cantina actually brought my dad and I closer over his last years.

Bill is one of the greatest guys I've never had the pleasure to meet. I'll always regret that, but he touched my life even so.

My prayers will continue to go out for Bill, Yangdu and all the folks here at the cantina.

Alan

I was a member some time ago, I was told the sad news by Benjamin.
Rest in peace Bill Martino, you will however survive in our memories.

I just heard about Uncle Bill's passing, and it's a loss for all of us... :(

I do hope that Yangdu recovers soon from the trauma of her separation, and keeps UB's spirit alive in the forums. H.I. will hopefully continue to proper in the future...

Reading about his latest hospital trip, I was almost afraid to come in here the last week, fearing the news that one of the most decent, honest, honorable men I have ever come across is gone. I will never be able to use one of my kuhukuris again without thinking about the man.

Rest in peace Pakcik Bill Martino.

I got this news late. I'm speechless. He was great to deal with...I'm stunned. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

I've been away from computers for a while, and the forum in particular. I just came back and saw both this and the Rusty memorial thread.
I just don't know what to say, so I'll let Bill and Rusty's words preserved on this forum speak for themselves. My condolences to their widows, families, and all who feel the loss of their passing.

Tom

I've not checked in as often for the past two months and I come back to this? I'm speechless :(
My heartfelt condolences to Aunt Yangdu.
Uncle Bill you will be missed by all those who love and respect you ,may you rest in peace.I will be praying for you
Yaj.

I too am an infrequent visitor here and have just learned of Bill's passing. Though I never had the pleasure of meeting him, Bill earned my respect from the word go when I first ordered from him.

I shall truely miss him but I am glad that he is no longer in pain.

My Khukri has long symbolized honor in my mind. I also follow the tradition of naming my blades, taking care to find a name that truely fits each blade.
I can think of no better name for my khukri (which interestingly I never found an appropriate name for until now) than "Uncle Bill"

So in his honor do I name my blade

All my condolances to Yangdu and everyone fortunate enough to know such a great man.

Uncle Bill is in no pain and is moving to his next life and reward. The sadness is for us left without his influence.

Poor Yangdu...she is suffering the worst. I hope we can take some of that pain off her shoulders. :(

I was impressed with what Uncle Bill did in his life. He connected two cultures together with these beautiful and useful knives. I'm looking at mine and remembering the day it arrived. It's first camping trip. The jobs it's done. How it sits in an honored spot in my house on a clear plastic stand when not in use. How it reminds me of my Jeep. Beautiful, useful and tough. I think of Kumar who made it and Uncle Bill who put it in my hands.

If it helps Yangdu...Uncle Bill was needed somewhere. He needs to be born soon so he can use his gentle intelligence to help someone in the future. Don't worry...she'll find him again.

Here is a picture of my blade from Uncle Bill and Kumar:

anhkholakukhri.jpg

Back