Uncle Bill needs your vote. PLEASE READ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It's a second-hand transaction and he should assume responsibility for his situation. We also don't know his skill at re-profiling the edge. I don't doubt he may have hours in it, but it may not be the knife's fault.

"...but my vote is also no cash refund since person is not the original buyer. However, if you go by what is stated on the HI website, the Khuk should be backed up and repair or replacement given once it is established that it is a HI product"

I am in agreement with these words. It's been my understanding over the years here at the HI Forum that the warranty IS transferable, whereas the right to a cash refund is not. Excluding, of course, obvious intentional abuse or gross incompetence on the part of the customer(s).

Bill T.C?.

Bill M. got burnt by second owners exploiting him, and last year said he couldn't transfer the life-time guarantee to next users.

Maybe the text on the shopping site should be changed to reflect that?

I vote no refund.

HI is not a party to the sales transaction. If there is a claim to be made; then the original purchaser should be the one to file it.

n2s

No way.

From his posts, it seems like the guy doesnt really expect you to refund him. He's just idly trying to find an out.

Hes probably got a chinese file and an arkansas stone anyway.

Wouldnt a hollow grind be easier to sharpen?

When I read the title of this thread I thought Uncle Bill was running for Mayor of Reno.

>1000 views and >100 posts in 8 hours! Good god.

I've got the sickest feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I think I'm Mr. H....

:(

1) That blade did not have a hollow ground bevel. NO WAY. In fact it was more convex.

12AKfull.JPG

12AKblade.JPG

Does that look hollow ground to you? At worst... it's a flat grind.

2) Yes I sold it for $50. But I also paid roughly $15 to ship it express.

3) If he had a problem with it, why not contact me? TALK TO MY REFERENCES. I have been in the sword community since 1998. I have sold countless items. My ebay moniker is chaseut and I have excellent feedback.

4) How do I know that he didn't put that thing to a grinder and just messed up? okay.. that was unfair. But I SWEAR, NO WAY was that hollow ground.

I'm not upset at Mr. M one bit. I feel though that I have brought undue trouble to Yangdu and UB. If I am Mr. H, than I submit myself to the judgement of the forum.

:(

No dice on a refund given the circumstances, the money part is between H and M.

I'd be more comfortable if M had asked for advice rather than $, but I still think he'd get a hand from a forumite as far as sharpening/restoration goes if he asked. Anything but am HI khuk, I'd volunteer, but I seem to be convex impared.

Dave, I'm shocked at you! Indeed, some harsh judgment is due here. To that end, in the last few minutes I have met with all the other members of the forum and they say that you need to send me several of your large knives as a form of penance, starting with the Junge's.

My address will follow. Do the right thing Dave! :D :D

Seriously, you did nothing wrong and Mr. M is undoubtedly acting out of frustration. Get him some help sharpening the knife, which is in great shape otherwise, and the problem goes away.

Regards,

Norm

I feel a little honored to know the real Mr H. I don't know, it kinda makes it more personal than thousands of miles away in Britain. Mr H- kinda like a Alfred Hitchcock film.

munk

If Uncle Bill runs for Mayor of Reno I'll cast a virtual vote for him. :)

I vote NO. Mr. M should not get $

I agree with some of the other forumites (cantinans?) that the wording of the guarantee/warranty should be changed to prevent this unfortunate situation in the future. :(

In this day and age limiting the warranty to the ORIGINAL purchaser doesn't seem unreasonable, IMHO.

jw

Dave Hahn said:
I feel though that I have brought undue trouble to Yangdu and UB. If I am Mr. H, than I submit myself to the judgement of the forum. :(
Never mind that! You forgot to number your first point.

By the pictures submitted it looks as though the blade is untouched. I personally see nothing wrong with the knife. And I remember reading the E-Bay ad, I don't think Dave misreppresented anything.
Maybe Mr. M simply needs to learn how to sharpen a khukuri. We've all had the same problem, these blades are more difficult to sharpen, at first, then conventional style knives.

Dave Hahn said:
If I am Mr. H, than I submit myself to the judgement of the forum.

Get a rope...

;) :D

I don't see that you did anything wrong. You sold a knife and the buyer seems to have not had the proper skill set to sharpen it to his satisfaction. Learning to sharpen stuff is indeed a frustrating task. Learning from the internet with only text and bad pictures doesn't help too much.

In fact I may have had a few special words for Bura when I was sharpening the cursed BAS. :D

Aardvark said:
Never mind that! You forgot to number your first point.

Actually point 1 is above the pics. Since there's no evidence of him editing the post, I find you guilty of slander.

We'll need that rope after all.

:rolleyes: :) ;)

BruiseLeee said:
Actually point 1 is above the pics. Since there's no evidence of him editing the post, I find you guilty of slander.

We'll need that rope after all.
:rolleyes: :) ;)

Slander:
1 : the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation
2 : a false and defamatory oral statement about a person -- compare LIBEL

So, unless you HEARD me muttering about Dave under my breath...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back