under 80 Bucks

I am starting to buy a few knives under 80 bucks for friends. Lots of budget knives now days Civivi, Kershaw, etc. Wondering what folks top 2 or 3 knives in that range might be.

Any interest in traditionals? With $80 you could pick up a GEC, two Case knives, or a handful of Rough Riders.

Sure if you have a suggestion throw it in there. Just curious what people like. I currently have a Spyderco and 4 or 5 Kershaw's. Like them all but would like to kinda buy folks all something a bit different.

The Civivi line probably beats out anything else in that price range. A few kershaws are up there too.

Buck 110 or 112
Buck 301 or 303 Stockman
Ontario RAT 1 or RAT 2
DukDuk
CS Kudu or Eland
Maybe a Case Sod Buster or Sod Buster Jr.
Maybe a Case or Rough Rider Peanut
Fixed Blade:
Mora Number 1
Western L66, if you can find a good one on the secondary market.

If you can do an auto, the Kershaw Launch 2 squeaks into your price range. If the price is a little high, but you can still do autos, try the Boker Kalashnikov. There are several blade shapes. A few sites have exclusives. Otherwise, I’d defer to some of the other recommendations.

If you can do an auto, the Kershaw Launch 2 squeaks into your price range. If the price is a little high, but you can still do autos, try the Boker Kalashnikov. There are several blade shapes. A few sites have exclusives. Otherwise, I’d defer to some of the other recommendations.

Yeah BladeHQ has the Kershaw Launch 2 for $69.99 I believe.

20190923_140005.jpg

Second from the bottom. The Defcon jungle knife. Its about the smoothest action flipper under $80 I have ever owned. Beats the Civivi which till I got the Defcon was the smoothest I owned. The blade shape is also a plus. Can't say just how nice it is. Only draw back is it's right hand only carry. The ball tip.pocket clip does a great job at in and out of the pocket but the clip does sit on standoffs that stick out a bit more then I would like. All the pluses outweigh the two minuses. I believe it goes for $69-79 .

The Spyderco Resilience is a big knife, sturdily built, and has great slicing geometry for under $60. The Tenacious for someone better served by something a little... "smaller", haha.

if you can find them, the kershaw injection is a nice blade and you could gift quite a few for 80 bucks.
I know I have

Delica, Dragonfly, Polestar, Alcyone

Bareknuckle, Dividend, Knockout, Cryo, Pico, VoltSS

P801sf

Gemini G10, Intrepid G10

Kendo

Code4

I think these would make great gifts.

cold-steel-review-voyager-vaquero-xl-survivalist-gear-knife.jpg
4b16e03bea6d9eca7d13c91f4d8de4ca.jpg

Back