Underrated CS products

The Recon 1s and Trailmasters are fantastic knives, but do you have lesser known knives that performed better than expected? My pick would be the Rajah 3. Heck of a utility knife, and the scales feel great in hand.

CpiPI4J.jpg

IMG-20200413-213605667-HDR.jpg

The Peace Makers get all sorts of disrespect. They are ugly, made of cheap steel, have that absurd sheath. They are relegated to "beater" status. If a knife stands up to "beater" treatment, that means it's a good knife, right? I have found them to be very good for bushcraft use and general utility. A knife doesn't have to be fancy to be good.

Lawman. Doesn't seem to get talked about a lot, but is one of the best in the market, comparable to Paramilitary 2, Griptilian or Manix 2.
The Ultimate Hunter seems to get overlooked in favor of the AD-10 and others, but for my money this is one of the best knives CS makes.

WuU8T7b.jpg

szUmXrT.jpg
Lawman and Ultimate Hunter are both very worthy knives . Not overly "tactical" looking and very well built / functional . Great value for the performance .

Nice backyard, what is the yellow container and pinkish thing at 3 o'clock in the picture?

IMO , this is a seriously fantastic knife . Both for utility and SD . Strongly built and multifunctional .

Sharp eyes you have . ;)

They are for air gun practice targets . Laundry detergent bottle filled with water is yellow . Pink is duck tape on an old fry pan . :p
I was thinking the pinkish thing was a target maybe and the other thing some kind of rain gauge(1 out of 2). That is so cool, I am jealous!

The Tuff and Mini Tuff rarely get a lot of attention, but they are great little knives. They perform far above what one would expect from their steel and size, and are extremely well-priced.

Lawman and Ultimate Hunter are both very worthy knives . Not overly "tactical" looking and very well built / functional . Great value for the performance .

Very true.
I keep looking at the AD10, but then I look at my Ultimate Hunter and I wonder if I want to buy a knife so similar for 80.00 more.
I think the AD10 is a great knife, but the Ultimate Hunter is very well made, with similar dimensions but lighter, and similar materials. People don t realize what a bargain Cold Steel offers in this knife.

Last edited:
Back