Underrated CS products

77377956_2869790756364621_2380223680036781477_n.jpg

The Bush Ranger doesn't get a lot of attention, but it is an absolutely amazing blade.

The only thing that I would change about it is make the blade slightly bigger... bring it up to 4 inches.
I agree. Cold Steel has a lot of 4” winners: the Recon 1, Voyager L, 4-Max. Looking forward to new products.

Mini Tac Bowie. The ultimate self defense knife for women, and men with small hands (very short handle). 3.5" blade, thin, light, compact, locks your hand in. Nice Bowie shaped blade that can function as an EDC, as well.........for $20-$25. Awesome gift.

CS-49HCF.jpg

Last edited:
B&T knives are very nice, I agree. But it depends on user's needs.

In my book they're together in folder category because of the tiny handle/tang which wouldn't take that much without bending or breaking.

I did some stupid stuff with my previous EDC and it held up to it, but it was Drop Forged Hunter - 5mm of 52100 steel which is known for it's sthrenght.
I doubt that any B&T knives would hold up to that kind of abuse.

And newest EDC knife I bought is in CPM-3V which says for itself. I'm waiting for it :D

B&T knives are very nice, I agree. But it depends on user's needs.

In my book they're together in folder category because of the tiny handle/tang which wouldn't take that much without bending or breaking.

I did some stupid stuff with my previous EDC and it held up to it, but it was Drop Forged Hunter - 5mm of 52100 steel which is known for it's sthrenght.
I doubt that any B&T knives would hold up to that kind of abuse.

And newest EDC knife I bought is in CPM-3V which says for itself. I'm waiting for it :D
I also toyed with the idea of picking up a Bird and Trout knife. It’s pretty small and inexpensive, making for a decent backup knife. Then again, I think the ESEE Izula better fills the role of compact fixed blade EDC, boasting a thicker tang.

I’m curious about the Tuff Lite though. Word around here is that it’s a good utility knife.

i highly recommend a tufflite.
and its no surprise to see how
popular it has become to warrant
production of various handle colors
and even a larger size version.
i lpersonally prefer the original
for its small hideaway size.

I also toyed with the idea of picking up a Bird and Trout knife. It’s pretty small and inexpensive, making for a decent backup knife. Then again, I think the ESEE Izula better fills the role of compact fixed blade EDC, boasting a thicker tang.

I’m curious about the Tuff Lite though. Word around here is that it’s a good utility knife.
Friend of me who also has Warcraft Tanto has bought himself Esee 3 for EDC. He was considering 3V mini Pendleton Hunter which I bought, but he disliked the design, then he considered Esee Izula, but handle was a bit small, and he thought a bit more of a blade and glassbreaker on the tang would make it a much better choice than Izula in possible self defense situation. Other thing that sold him on it was the warranty, and the fact it's easier to sharpen than 3V. He's beating the hell out of his Warcraft Tanto in the meanwhile so he obviously did had to resharpen it.

For my taste there are better choices for the price considering thes use 1095 steel and CS offers 3V for the same price, but I also have to admit - it's hard to beat their warranty.

Tuff Lite. They are simply fantastic. Perfect ergonomics, tri-ad lock, and I believe that they are still making them in Japanese Aus 8. At twenty bucks you should have a handful of them.
Actually, that's what I did. I got a little windfall I wasn't expecting, so I ordered ten of the Tuff Lites and ten of the minis. All over my house you can now find a couple of Tuff-Lites around. I love them.

Lawman. Doesn't seem to get talked about a lot, but is one of the best in the market, comparable to Paramilitary 2, Griptilian or Manix 2.
The Lawman isn't comparable to the Griptilian at all. The Lawman isn't made by a company that destroys guns or supports gun control politicians. Benchmaid won't get another damned dime of my money without a public apology and a drastic change in their support of tyranny.

Good? That's like saying the Mona Lisa is a decent picture of a woman. It's an incredible knife, and if they'd make a version with G10 handles and an S35VN blade I'd pay whatever they wanted.

Back