1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Underwear?????

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by bmstrong, Aug 20, 2003.

1. bmstrong

bmstrong

Oct 8, 2002
    Underwear came up in a conversation at a local shop today.

And at the risk of this topic delving quickly into ridicule, laughter, and general wierdness I'm curious enough to post a couple of questions.

Underwear? As in Boxers / Briefs.

Does anyone have a preference or favorite Brand? How many out there just grab a 3 pack and never think about it again? Any specific fabric you prefer? Is Silk all it's claimed to be?

I'm so tired of the cheapie Walmart stuff...

Brian

2. squid meat

squid meat

Jun 20, 2001
    On my first all paid for vacation to the Persian Gulf in 1988, I found out that chafing really sux. Since then, I always go "commando".

I guess I would fall under the " n/a " catagory.

Oh, sorry if that is to much info. :eek:

3. bmstrong

bmstrong

Oct 8, 2002
    HAAAAAAAA.

No man, that's good.

Gave me a good laugh.

Brian

4. maximus otter

maximus otter

Jul 20, 2002
  5. Ken C.

Ken C. Jack of all trades, master of none. Staff Member Super Mod

Jun 14, 2000
    Hanes boxer-briefs. They're comfortable, inexpensive, and look good on me.

6. mwerner

mwerner

Apr 23, 2002
    I wore boxers only once in my life, very briefly (sorry, couldn't resist.)

They were issued by the US Army. I wore them long enough to walk to the PX and purchase briefs, which I have worn since. (no, not the same pair.)

BTW, Maximus, nice taste.

7. Sid Post

Sid Post

Oct 14, 1998
    I like briefs as they keep things where they belong better. Boxers in my general experience fit loose and the fabric around my legs tends to bunch up and rub; body parts tend to move around more and can get pinched by tools in the front pockets of jeans (pliers, multi-tools, etc. can really hurt when you sit down :eek:).

Silk? Never really considered as I want something durable and relatively cheap as I'm not trying to impress anyone. Just plain functional underwear need apply at my house ;).

What I do find, is that thicker 100% cotton underwear, briefs, pants, socks, etc. are worth the money. Hanes is a good brand but, a little thin for my tastes. BVD is ~50% more expensive but, the cotton material is thicker which provides more comfort, cushioning, and gives it a longer lifespan.

Go to a good deparment store or, mass marketer like Wal-mart and feel the fabric with your fingers. Compare the brands and differences with a given brand. You may discover that finding what you want is available at the same store and only marginally more expensive.

If you have a need, the high performance "sporting" thermal underwear work very well but, are a tad expensive for everyday wear. They sure are nice on a really cold day though.

8. Snow

Snow

Jun 3, 2001
    The other day I was at Structure- I mean "Express for Men", and I picked up two pairs of their new "Square-cut boxers" for $15 apiece. It was pretty pricey for me, but they've since become my favorite underwear.

9. glockman99

glockman99 Super Moderator Super Mod

Jun 12, 2000
    I'm a cheap bastid...I buy my boxer-briefs (Fruit of the Loom) at Walmart...Or I should say my wife does...:).

10. nawrocki

nawrocki

May 29, 2003
    boxers, no real man wears tidy widies :) jk i used to wear them when I was 6 now I like boxers cause i can walk around the house comfortably with them.

11. kamkazmoto

kamkazmoto

Sep 14, 2002
    Fitted silk boxers feel great and are well worth the money but all I can afford are boxer briefs.

12. Jazzman

Jazzman

Jan 11, 2001
    I'm a boxer man...dropped the brief habit a while ago. Hey Maximus, I'll wear 'em to as long as she comes in them :D
    Matt

13. maximus otter

maximus otter

Jul 20, 2002
    When I'm involved, she always comes in them!

;)

maximus otter

14. YTiger

YTiger

Mar 8, 2003
    Hi,

I allway were boxers mostly from : Calvin Klein and Schiesser (I don't know if Schiesser also have shops in Amerika :confused: )
    I've naver had any troubles with these !

Greetings
    Olli

15. K Williams

K Williams Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 1998
    Tommy Hilfiger and Hanes boxer briefs.

16. pjenkins00

pjenkins00

Apr 3, 2001
    structure and gap boxers

17. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    I've tried a million different brands of boxed briefs. The only ones that have really retained their softness over the course of years are the ones made by Jockey. They just won't die. Jockey Sports are the the king of boxer briefs, as far as I'm concerned.

Does anybody remember those Fundies that used to be sold as Spencer Gifts? :D

[​IMG]

18. shane45-1911

shane45-1911

Aug 5, 2001
    Edible.

19. patogordo

patogordo

Feb 7, 2001
    Dont usually post

but Joe Boxer Boxer briefs, cheap if you buy them in Ross and very comfortable

20. z17813

z17813

May 21, 2002
    CK Boxers.
    Maybe they are made in the same factory as all the cheapo pairs but when it comes time to take off my pants I don't want her to think I am a cheap bastid.