Unexpectedly good budget blades?

I just wondered who else has bought a 'budget' knife (either by reading reviews or just for the hell of it) and found it exceeded their expectations? I've had
2yzem94.jpg
[/IMG] a few, the most recent being the Ruike P121. Solid knife, decent steel, no blade play, smooth bearings and I love the trailing blade. I'd love to hear about other good finds!
2hx9a8g.jpg
[/IMG]

This comes up pretty frequently.

Common favorites are:
Mora- pretty much any model.
Ontario Rat1/2
Opinel
Spydero Byrd line, as well as Tenacious
MAM
Mercator
Higonokami

Do yourself a favor... head over to Baryonyx knives... Ben Bouchard runs it and the whole website is dedicated to low cost/high performance and high value knives...

@FortyTwoBlades

Last edited:
I just wondered who else has bought a 'budget' knife (either by reading reviews or just for the hell of it) and found it exceeded their expectations? I've had
2yzem94.jpg
[/IMG] a few, the most recent being the Ruike P121. Solid knife, decent steel, no blade play, smooth bearings and I love the trailing blade. I'd love to hear about other good finds!
2hx9a8g.jpg
[/IMG]

Cannot recommend the Ruike 801 and Steel Will D2 Cutjack enough. Both of these are great knives for a low price. There are of course the old standbys like the Rat series.

rup801sf_2.jpg

image_35b59d87-b12e-4488-9be4-7dc0e2d70bef_grande.jpg

+1 on The P801!

Also loving my Bestech Kendo!

Gotta mention the Squid.

RJ Martin Volt SS.

I'm currently carrying the Boker Kwaiken fixed blade version which I really like, great for the money and the sharpest production knife I've tried.

Cannot recommend the Ruike 801 and Steel Will D2 Cutjack enough. Both of these are great knives for a low price. There are of course the old standbys like the Rat series.

rup801sf_2.jpg

image_35b59d87-b12e-4488-9be4-7dc0e2d70bef_grande.jpg
Great to see someone else using a Ruike, they're few and far between here. The Steel Will looks decent too. I used to like my CRKT M16 tanto but its not as smooth as it used to be and has been sidelined for the moment

+1 on The P801!

Also loving my Bestech Kendo!

Gotta mention the Squid.

RJ Martin Volt SS.
The Kendo is a great looking knife! I've never seen it here in the UK. One to watch out for in this category. Thanks for the suggestions!

I want to try:
s-l1000.jpg

It's pretty close to a 0452 in overall shape, but I think it's different enough to consider it more inspired by/hommage than a clone, and for ~55ish dollar it seems like a pretty sweet knife.

Real Steel Sea Eagle folder, Pointman fixed blade, Bushcraft plus, and the Forager. All are very good blades!
Schrade SCHF37. Awesome for under 30 bucks!!
Byrd knives. Spyderco's budget brand. Good knives!

Back