Unexpectedly good budget blades?

I've been curious about the Finn Wolf.
How do you like it?
I love it! A folding Scandi Pukko that eats wood like a beaver on meth! Good ergos easy to sharpen in the field and takes a wicked edge. Tri-ad lock of course and can be had for under 35$ Have you ever owned a CS?

I love it! A folding Scandi Pukko that eats wood like a beaver on meth! Good ergos easy to sharpen in the field and takes a wicked edge. Tri-ad lock of course and can be had for under 35$ Have you ever owned a CS?

A beaver on meth! That's awesome! I'm going to have to pick one up.
I do have a Tuff Lite that I've been using as an EDC blade and love it.

Riz_Ur_Gb_YR2mx_r3_U3m_YYiw.jpg

Kershaw Injection. Mine's been in my pocket for a week. Knives that cost 10 times as much have been in the drawer. I haven't felt handicapped or disappointed.

I really like this Cold Steel Pendleton lite Hunter for less than $20.00. It holds an edge reasonably well, has an excellent 4" blade shape, with a sheath that secures it very well. I plan to paint this handle Orange, so I can keep track of it better.
The one below is blue cause I couldnt find orange at the time.

eLz5xR6.jpg

B1Vbq2P.jpg

Tv2HmLY.jpg

2 ready to go and not get lost. Krylon fusion paint. supposed to bond with plastic. we'll see how it holds up

Last edited:
Kershaw Injection. Mine's been in my pocket for a week. Knives that cost 10 times as much have been in the drawer. I haven't felt handicapped or disappointed.

Me too. I carry my Injection 3.5 often. Amazing value.

Also, about a year or so ago I bought a Ruike F118 fixed blade with 14C28N steel, and it has held up really well. It is a tank, and somewhat reminds me of my Bravo 1, but cost $60 instead of $160.

Folder: Ontario Utilitac II, with the rounded handle end, model 8904. (They come in several handle/blade variations. But this one fits my hand best.) So good that I got a second one. They were somewhere around $20-25.

Fixed blade: Cold Steel Pendleton lite hunter. As deltablade above said, terrific knife. I think I got mine for about 12 bucks. That was a couple of years ago maybe.

I want to try:
s-l1000.jpg

It's pretty close to a 0452 in overall shape, but I think it's different enough to consider it more inspired by/hommage than a clone, and for ~55ish dollar it seems like a pretty sweet knife.
Swordfish right? The budget bestechs are pretty damn sweet. I've had the Warwolf before, which is fairly similar to this one. Well worth the 50 dollar price.

I just wondered who else has bought a 'budget' knife (either by reading reviews or just for the hell of it) and found it exceeded their expectations?
There are a good number of truly great knives out there for not much money. Alas some of them have been discontinued.

Here are some examples :
What I named "My Little Monster". I get them through the online store (that is named after a river) direct from Japan. Nothing else I have cuts stuff like these do. So thin, so sharp, decent hardness and edge retention. $40 shipped.
IMG_5063.jpg

Next up the Cold Steel Voyagers large and small. Unbelievable build and high tech heat treated aluminum liners. So light, so strong terrific ergos / grip, really good steel and heat treat for the price.
IMG_4344.jpg
IMG_4613.jpg

And finally the Cold Steel Kitchen Classic paring knife.
So thin, good enough German steel to get the job done, world class handle shape and texture / grip, comes from the factory easily hair whittling every time (all three ordered from different batches and vendors months apart). I EDC them in a Mora sheath.
IMG_4997.JPG

I just wondered who else has bought a 'budget' knife (either by reading reviews or just for the hell of it) and found it exceeded their expectations? I've had
2yzem94.jpg
[/IMG] a few, the most recent being the Ruike P121. Solid knife, decent steel, no blade play, smooth bearings and I love the trailing blade. I'd love to hear about other good finds!
2hx9a8g.jpg
[/IMG]
Buck 110 LT. ~$25. More knife for the money than I thought possible. Beats my old CS Voyager from 1997 (which is long gone, anyway).

3oLUS2h.jpg

Zieg

Me too. I carry my Injection 3.5 often. Amazing value.

Also, about a year or so ago I bought a Ruike F118 fixed blade with 14C28N steel, and it has held up really well. It is a tank, and somewhat reminds me of my Bravo 1, but cost $60 instead of $160.
I have a Ruike Jager as well, and it is a great blade!

A couple of years ago I saw a limited run of Rat 1 knives with D2 steel and g10 handles for 35.00. My first ontario Rat 1 and my first knife with D2. Very strong, well made knife with a very good blade. A bit heavy at 5 1/2 oz, but it replaced my Tenacious as my best low priced knife due to the better steel..

Back