1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Unfinished knife blanks

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Psybull, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    So what steel are they?

2. Hale Storm

Sep 18, 2013
    Anyone know why they were pulled? Are they going to be for sale somewhere else?

3. Hale Storm

Sep 18, 2013
    LOL. It's almost an obsession with me at this point.

Silver Needle likes this.
  4. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    There is no steel indicator hole in the handle area, so they are CPM-3V. All other steels get an extra little hole through the blade to make sure there is never a steel mix up fiasco.

The blades in this listing were never meant to be available for sale. They are scrap that was meant for the trash bin, but used for R&D instead.

Packerrat likes this.
  5. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Just for the record, the one that has made it's way to me to put the handles on, I am told was passed along free to the current owner. I know it is not one of the ones that showed up on the 'bay, but just for those keeping score.

Silver Needle likes this.