Unimpressed with M390

Yes, I think the silence is very noticeable and disappointing.

No one is perfect, on the other hand. I remember, and Joe probably does too, when BM first started using S30V. There were a lot of issues before BM got their production methods dialed in. The thing that's a little disconcerting about this is that this is the second time there's been a hiccup with M390 at Benchmade.

I remember that first hiccup, because we were in the middle of planning the Forum Knife, and Benchmade told us M390 was not an option because they were having issues with inconsistent lots of steel coming from the company. It was causing the heat treat to be inconsistent and warp some blades.

This has proven to be a very interesting thread. I've just recently gotten back into buying Benchmades. I do love my 710 dearly. It's perfect. And there a few other BM's I'm Interested in. But I'd be lying if I said that all the issues with their knives I've been hearing about lately isn't making me rethink my next few knife purchases.

I keep hearing about all these terrible problems with Benchmade knives, but I've recently bought four or five with no issues. None of them M390, I hasten to add ... I am leery of M390 at the moment.

The Internet has a way of making a few problems look like a lot of problems.

I keep hearing about all these terrible problems with Benchmade knives, but I've recently bought four or five with no issues. None of them M390, I hasten to add ... I am leery of M390 at the moment.

That last point sure is true!

Yes, it does.

Back