Unique custom folder ID help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello gents. I'm sure there may be better places to post this, but since this knife is unique (and because I know a lot of you) I was thinking I should post it here. This knife belongs to my uncle. He's in his seventies and can't recall where he got it or exactly when. The mark is stamped and appears to say "EADVO" or maybe "ADV". ADV is Andre DeVilliers. I cantacted him and he says it's not one of his. There is a number stamped next to it that appears to be 41, or 42. Looks like a restamp on the second digit.
IMG_20180819_191232409.jpg

The knife is a lockback that unlocks by pulling up on the lockbar that extends past the butt.
You can see it pulled out here in it's "unlocked" state.

IMG_20180819_191257783.jpg

The blade is quite thick, I estimate 1/4" and given the lack of any patina or rust, I believe stainless.
IMG_20180819_191239174.jpg

Now here's the really fun part. The blade, when closed, extends past the handle. The exposed tip fits down in it's sheath. When you pull the knife from the sheath, while rotating the butt upwards, the blade deploys.

IMG_20180819_191344221.jpg

the loop is on the back, worn on the left hip i assume.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm really curious to know the background on this.

So, I can't tell how useful the sheath deployment system would be in practise (it seems somewhat dubious), but it is a super cool curio if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back