1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 21 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Megatherium, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Unknow noise in my sebenza

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Cyrusss, May 11, 2019.

1. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    IIRC, they started with shoulders on the large pins around the beginning of the year.

Ajack60 and Edgeoflife like this.
  2. Cyrusss

Cyrusss

Apr 21, 2019
    My sebenza just fall on the floor from 2 ft height, I feel guilty for that but fortunately all functions is fine.
    Now I can thumb flick the knife, not easy but possible, so I think the break in period is almost over, then I will try to disassembly it for cleaning in next few days, hope everything will be fine.

Night Rider likes this.
  3. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    It happens, did you ever figure out what the noise is ????

4. Cyrusss

Cyrusss

Apr 21, 2019
    Not yet disassembly the knife but I wil do it soon and update result.:)

5. marthinus

marthinus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 10, 2006
    Please post a video of the noise. That will help everyone.

6. blanex1

blanex1

Feb 11, 2015
    about the lanyard pin! I just got a new 21 large in April,birthday card says feb.27-2019,and its pin is not shoulderd,wish it was though...

7. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Looks like you caught the last of some old ones they were using up. They did say the old stock would be used up while the new stuff was available separately.

8. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    Stop pin sleeve. That's why it goes away when locked open or closed all the way.

9. Cyrusss

Cyrusss

Apr 21, 2019
    Hello guys, I cleaned and lubricated already, the problem has been fixed but now the knife is little sticky, I can't thumb flick just like before.

10. Cyrusss

Cyrusss

Apr 21, 2019
    My sebenza birthday is October 2018, the pin is shoulderd , will not fall out without lanyard.

11. Cyrusss

Cyrusss

Apr 21, 2019
    may be open and close too many times without lubricate, all original lube was dry and dirty like a hell, can't believe just 1 week when I saw inside .
    anyway, the problem has been fixed. :)