Unusual Horizontal 110 Sheath

TAH

Gold Member
Saw this on eBay and was intrigued. If real, how many is "very few"?

VERY RARE VINTAGE BUCK KNIFE 110 SHEATH ONLY "NO KNIFE" ~ 1 of Very Few Made!
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Rare not, uncommon yes. Asking price is way over priced.

"Completed Items" shows that two have sold recently for $200 each.

The one in question ended today without a buyer.

It does look a little different from the other two.......maybe it's a fake.

A good leather guy could put these together pretty cheap.

I'd say very rare. In my many years of collecting I've never seen one outside of a picture.
Luck of the draw perhaps? Sounds like jb4570 has had better luck than me..:)

Last edited:
I'd say very rare. In my many years of collecting I've never seen one outside of a picture.

Luck maybe, it's just my definition of rare. I have seen about 10 of these for sale on the big auction site in the last 5 years. Rare to me = 10 or less made, uncommon to me = a few hundred made.

Yes, rare is hard to define (good marketing word, though).

Even with three visible on e-Bay in recent days.......that could just be one guy who collected them and decided to get rid of his stash.

I've not seen more than a few in the past 25 years or so............So, I'd have to say I consider them fairly rare.

Also, if they're selling for $200 that might just be the correct price.

Ok I see some old flap over "old style" reproduction Buck sheaths are for sale on auction sites. Same style, However you can clearly see the are not made exactly the same selling in the mid $40-$50's. Now take a look at the sheath that TAH posted in #1 and then the one that sold not long ago on the big auction site (it is different than the one TAC posted, see completed auction link below). Anyone who has one of these glasses style sheath please post a photo I'd like to see how many styles of them were made. Maybe the version of the one that just sold is the reason it sold for so much (I did not know there was more than one version of these until today)?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-...773648?hash=item1a840fbd10:g:C1IAAOSwdOZdeSCY

Interesting.

The one that is pictured in the OP ended yesterday without selling.

It was in the "Completed Items" yesterday.

Today it has vanished. Somehow it has been deleted from the e-Bay records. I don't know how that happens.

Maybe it actually WAS a fake. It did lack the tooling line along the flap and the Buck logo stamped into the leather that the others had.

Very odd.

Interesting.

Today it has vanished. Somehow it has been deleted from the e-Bay records. I don't know how that happens.

Maybe it actually WAS a fake. It did lack the tooling line along the flap and the Buck logo stamped into the leather that the others had.

Very odd.
It is not fake I bought it

Interesting.

Very odd.
And on another note the seller is a very respectable person and some one I trust the most

Back