Unusual Horizontal 110 Sheath

I'd say they are 100% real Buck sheaths. I just noticed that there are at least 2 variations. I don't collect sheaths, so the price tag is way over what I would pay (That is just me). The seller is a great person to deal with, I have bought from him before and will again. He gets a lot of awesome stuff from Buck all the time. In-fact he has some items now I'd love to have. However, I've been laid up and off work for the last two month's and will be for at least one more. So no extra bucks for Bucks.

KLxOTsq.jpg

Getting back on track. I took a look thru the catalogs and found the Horizontal 110 sheath listed in the 1992 thru 2002 price lists but only pictured in the catalog 1992 thru 1996. Here is a picture from the 1996 catalog.

110.Horizontal.Sheath.1996.Catalog.jpg

Last edited:
It is not fake I bought it

Good. You must be the expert we were looking for to validate it.

I've never seen anything vanish from "Completed Items" before.......never even knew it could be done.

Seemed real strange to me and made me wonder if e-Bay had removed it.

Getting back on track. I took a look thru the catalogs and found the Horizontal 110 sheath listed in the 1992 thru 2002 price lists but only pictured in the catalog 1992 thru 1996. Here is a picture from the 1996 catalog.

View attachment 1227315

Ah, there's a picture of one lacking the tooling line along the flap and the Buck logo stamped into the leather.

I wonder which version is more rare?

Thanks.

I've never seen anything vanish from "Completed Items" before.......never even knew it could be done.

Seemed real strange to me and made me wonder if e-Bay had removed it.

I've noticed that sometimes it takes a day or two for a completed auction to show up in "Completed Items".

I've noticed that sometimes it takes a day or two for a completed auction to show up in "Completed Items".

It was there yesterday and then just vanished.

I suppose there's a way for a seller to do that, but I have never seen it happen before.

If the seller is a poster here he could tell us, I'm sure.

I wonder if there was a prototype 112 version of that shieth? DP has a real dilemma on what to keep in his personal collection..and what to share with us. I have truly been impressed with the absolutely beautiful 112's he occasionally lists and can only imagine what I never see. The Christmas sale a year ago had some Joe Houser Custom's that were over the top! I could never do what he does..I would end up keeping them!

answer to the mystery disappearing posting is----the completed item did not sell and it was deleted …. only items that sell on feebay cannot be deleted--anything else can be deleted and I do it all the time---why? cuz I can!!!!!!!:cool::thumbsup:

I have wanted to keep them bucksway but I keep to much---I am overflowing---don't have clothes in my dressers anymore--its all buck knives--every drawer every cabinet is full of knives---like dons mushrooms -I think the dam things are rabbits man.....

answer to the mystery disappearing posting is----the completed item did not sell and it was deleted …. only items that sell on feebay cannot be deleted--anything else can be deleted and I do it all the time---why? cuz I can!!!!!!!:cool::thumbsup:

Well, see........there's a logical explanation.

It's also a smart selling strategy.

Thanks.

Back