Unusual Horizontal 110 Sheath

Yeah, I had heard that you could store a 110 in the leather sheath if you wrapped the 110 in waxed paper........I recently took a couple out and discovered that........they had some green right through the waxed paper.

So much for THAT theory.

They were old sheaths and I suspect the old ones are even worse than the new ones.

Anyhow, I don't store or carry in anything but the Cordura sheathes......I save the leather ones.

The horizontal one in the OP........I suspect that nobody liked them and they didn't sell many. They sold them for years and they're still rare, especially the plain one in the OP.

Maybe it was just that real men wanted a sheath that looked like a sheath........not an eyeglass case.

:D

Yeah, I had heard that you could store a 110 in the leather sheath if you wrapped the 110 in waxed paper........I recently took a couple out and discovered that........they had some green right through the waxed paper.

So much for THAT theory.

They were old sheaths and I suspect the old ones are even worse than the new ones.

Anyhow, I don't store or carry in anything but the Cordura sheathes......I save the leather ones.

The horizontal one in the OP........I suspect that nobody liked them and they didn't sell many. They sold them for years and they're still rare, especially the plain one in the OP.

Maybe it was just that real men wanted a sheath that looked like a sheath........not an eyeglass case.

:D
Can you not be so fricken. Negative towards your Buck brothers? It amazes me your still here.

Can you not be so fricken. Negative towards your Buck brothers? It amazes me your still here.
I have nothing but the greatest respect for my Buck Brothers.
So I have no idea what you're talking about.
Are you trying to start another argument?

I keep 95% of all my knives in glass cases and have no problem with verdigris. I have a few in leather and check them approx once a month and they need cleaning to get rid of the verdigris that's how fast they tarnish. If you leave it long enough it will actually eat into the brass and tang of the blade.

Last edited:
I store all my knives in the sheaths with zero problems. Take them out and give them a wipe once in a while.

My dad had issues with verdigris on some of his stuff. I swear it was the mink oil he used.

I think your dad had more problems with verdigris because the older sheathes were treated with different chemicals and tended to cause severe problems.

The problems have gradually decreased over the years and are better now.

You might be onto something with the Mink Oil.......I used it too.

Anyhow, I've found it better to just store any knives that have brass in the Cordura sheathes.

Then show it and stop being so obnoxiously skeptical and antagonistic!

Being skeptical is not against the rules here. We are allowed to be skeptical.

Personal attacks like yours, however........ARE against the rules.

I don't store my knives in sheaths, but for long term storage in leather, how about tightly wrapping the knife in plastic wrap? Being so thin, it wouldn't stretch the leather either.

I don’t store my knives in sheaths either I can’t put them down long enough to store them. They probably tarnish just as fast handling them as they would stored in a sheath?

Back