1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Unusual Horizontal 110 Sheath

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by TAH, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    I would slip a collector 110 in a fabric sleeve then put knife in sheath. Unless it's a user then it doesn't matter.

2. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Besides I always heard don't store your knife in the sheath......

3. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    You can store Titanium knives in leather sheaths and Brass knives in Nylon sheaths.

sassafrassdogs3 and jbmonkey like this.
  4. Der Verminator

Der Verminator Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Yeah, I had heard that you could store a 110 in the leather sheath if you wrapped the 110 in waxed paper........I recently took a couple out and discovered that........they had some green right through the waxed paper.

So much for THAT theory.

They were old sheaths and I suspect the old ones are even worse than the new ones.

Anyhow, I don't store or carry in anything but the Cordura sheathes......I save the leather ones.

The horizontal one in the OP........I suspect that nobody liked them and they didn't sell many. They sold them for years and they're still rare, especially the plain one in the OP.

Maybe it was just that real men wanted a sheath that looked like a sheath........not an eyeglass case.

:D

Grateful likes this.
  5. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    Can you not be so fricken. Negative towards your Buck brothers? It amazes me your still here.

GPyro, jbmonkey, st8yd and 3 others like this.
  6. Der Verminator

Aug 23, 2019
    I have nothing but the greatest respect for my Buck Brothers.
    So I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Are you trying to start another argument?

7. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    I don't start them slick. You should know by now with 90 percent of the people here have you on ignore.
    Nice try Vorp.

8. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    91%

sassafrassdogs3, GPyro, st8yd and 2 others like this.
  9. GPyro

GPyro Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2019
    Mike, you can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
    It's not a fair fight.

Welcome to the ignore club!
    It's really nice here.
    And we all get along.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

10. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I store all my knives in the sheaths with zero problems. Take them out and give them a wipe once in a while.

My dad had issues with verdigris on some of his stuff. I swear it was the mink oil he used.

11. JOE NOWICKI

JOE NOWICKI

Dec 19, 2018
    I keep 95% of all my knives in glass cases and have no problem with verdigris. I have a few in leather and check them approx once a month and they need cleaning to get rid of the verdigris that's how fast they tarnish. If you leave it long enough it will actually eat into the brass and tang of the blade.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Makael and sassafrassdogs3 like this.
  12. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Then show it and stop being so obnoxiously skeptical and antagonistic!

13. farm

farm Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

May 29, 2019
    F7066D75-9922-43F4-8FC5-A45706A47746.jpeg
    This is how I store my knives

bucklife301, Makael, jbmonkey and 4 others like this.
  14. Der Verminator

Aug 23, 2019
    I think your dad had more problems with verdigris because the older sheathes were treated with different chemicals and tended to cause severe problems.

The problems have gradually decreased over the years and are better now.

You might be onto something with the Mink Oil.......I used it too.

Anyhow, I've found it better to just store any knives that have brass in the Cordura sheathes.

15. Der Verminator

Aug 23, 2019
    Being skeptical is not against the rules here. We are allowed to be skeptical.

Personal attacks like yours, however........ARE against the rules.

16. Der Verminator

Aug 23, 2019
    Farm probably has the best answer.

This way you avoid the possibility of wear or scratching from the knife going in and out of a Cordura sheath.

Keep those collectors pristine.

17. st8yd

st8yd Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Skepticism, negativity, and arguing, etc. it's all apart of it, but you take it to the point of obnoxious, wake up I don't think many disagree. Tone it down substantially and no one will mind.

GPyro, DOGPOUND77, Tecate and 2 others like this.
  18. TAH

TAH Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2001
    I don't store my knives in sheaths, but for long term storage in leather, how about tightly wrapping the knife in plastic wrap? Being so thin, it wouldn't stretch the leather either.

GPyro likes this.
  19. bucklife301

bucklife301 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2018
    I don’t store my knives in sheaths either I can’t put them down long enough to store them. They probably tarnish just as fast handling them as they would stored in a sheath?

20. Makael

Oct 17, 2015
    I'm glad to be here.:thumbsup:

GPyro, Tecate, Wildcat and 2 others like this.