Unusual Murali Bonecutters Coming Soon

Yangdu write recently and asked if I'd tell the HI forum about the Murali Bonecutters coming soon for sale. He's back with HI, 'again' for he's returned previously, and I'm not up to speed regarding the HI lineup. HI tried to improve production recently but met with disapointment when the new recruits took the money and ran. Their products are very servicable and deeply discounted this week as they are not quite up to HI overall standards of consistancy and beauty, they nonetheless offer the buyer a great deal for a work tool as they are hardy and strong. Every vehicle in my home in Montana has a khuk, and at the prices HI just posted, even the BigWheel in the drive could have one. The Runaway Kamis Blowout sale.

Murali is here and working with Bura. When he arrived, he thought he could challenge the good Sgt Khadka and make his own rendition of the Bonecutter. He made a batch. This is not going to happen in the future, as Sgt Khadka supports his son with this specialty, and Yangdu wants this to be his special area. His work is well loved by wood hawkers and collectors. But so is Murali's, once and still considered a Star in the lineup. I remember the old timers talking about Murali when you couldn't get a Murali blade, and had to look for Kesar. If you value Murali, or just want a good khuk, you might look at the one-time issue Bonecutters coming soon. Yangdu said they are not as fine as the Sgt's, which he's been doing regularly and with some practise, but they are decent blades and will not be as deeply discounted as this week's blow-out blades by departed Kamis. They WILL be at an attractive price.

I know there are a lot of fans of the 'bonecutter' style and hope this pleases them.

munk

Last edited:
Greetings Munk,
Thank You and Aunty Yangdu for the news and "heads-Up" about the happenings at the HI Factories.

Blessed Be,
Willow

That sounds cool.

Never knew the connection on the Sgt Kharka and bonecutter tuition thing. Very neat!:thumbup:

Interesting tidings indeed.

Recently managed to snag a older Kumar Kami blade so the chance for obtaining another 'blast from the past' is very exciting.

Awaiting the arrival of my first Sgt. Khadka Khuk very soon. :D

Great news. Thanks, Munk:) Always good to see you around.

Thanks for the update Munk. I'll be keeping an eye out for this one.

Welcome back munk, thank you for the great post

BONECUTTERS BY MURALI KAMI

HERE THEY ARE

5-15-09%20001.jpg

16 inch 23 ounce Bonecutter by Murali Kami. White metal fittings. Satisal wood handle. Great buy at $100 even. *SOLD*

5-15-09%20003.jpg

5-15-09%20004.jpg

14 inch 18 ounce Bonecutter by Murali. Satial wood handle. White metal fittings. Sweet deal at $85 YBB. *SOLD*

5-15-09%20006.jpg

5-15-09%20007.jpg

12 inch 12 ounce Bonecutter by Murali. Satisal wood handle. White metal fittings. 12/12 Knife at $75 YBB. *SOLD*

Murali Kmai's mark leaf (Pan ko Pat)
5-15-09%20008.jpg

Email to get any or all
Have a great weekend!

Last edited:
Ooohhh, nice!
Gorgeous figure in the handle on the 12"!

Back