Update

I finally have finished grinding (and filing) my old BAS blem. It now has no shoulder and is right at 1/4" thick and I ground out the inlay for a completly different look. I am very happy with it to date. Now the problem of handle material is coming into play. I would really like to use a highly figured and stabilized piece of maple burl (I have a few chunks picked out), but was wondering if anyone else had suggestions-woodchucks. Now I only have to make a bolster, butcap, and a scabbard :confused: , and then I'll be done. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the help.

Matthew

You might find making a bolster out of a solid piece of brass is the easiest way to go. Forming and soldering brass plate into a fairly precise form is a real pain unless you have some little tools to help you.

I plan on using a thicker piece of 416 ss and then filing it down to shape with diamond files, maybe my logic is a little flawed, I am not sure how difficult this will be. I was thinking of something along the lines of one of the older khuk bloster, they seem a little thinner.

Matthew

Time, I got. Patience I don't. That might be the problem.

Here is what I am thinking along the lines of;
hansheeBudhume.jpg

OAkothimoda1.jpg

Pics from FAQ

Back