Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stipulate a payment time frame and then move on to the next buyer quickly if needed. Communicate this to other prospective buyers.

I never say anything about item unavailability until I have money in hand.

Dealing with flaky buyers is part of the game. Unless the offender shows a repeat pattern, I see no reason for the mods to get involved. They have enough to do as it is.
I agree. This is, first and foremost, a knife forum and the exchange is just a side benefit of getting a bunch of knife and gear knuts together in one place. If you want a highly regulated marketplace, stick with the bay.

I prefer minimal interference from the mods, even if that means I have my time wasted occasionally. I too always take backup offers unless I know the person well.

I looked on the site and noticed there was a forum titled "Wanted To Buy" but I did not see any threads in there. I just want to know how to post a WTB thread. Thanks in advance.

I looked on the site and noticed there was a forum titled "Wanted To Buy" but I did not see any threads in there. I just want to know how to post a WTB thread. Thanks in advance.

As a registered (but not paid) member, you will only be able to see the WTB thread that you create.

Welcome

Everyone with a membership that is allowed to sell will be able to see them. For example if you had a gold membership you could see all the want to buy ads. At your current membership you will only be able to see the ads you post.

Welcome

Everyone with a membership that is allowed to sell will be able to see them. For example if you had a gold membership you could see all the want to buy ads. At your current membership you will only be able to see the ads you post.
Thank you!

I wasn't aware my membership ran out. Aren't I suppose to get an email letting me know of my membership was about to run out? PLMK where to go to pay for a membership.
Thank you!

I wasn't aware my membership ran out. Aren't I suppose to get an email letting me know of my membership was about to run out? PLMK where to go to pay for a membership.
Thank you!

Theoretically, yes. But things happen. Have you changed your email or use a different one? Maybe it went to spam?

Here's the link to get your membership!
https://bladeforums.com/pember/membership-new

Thank you!

Mine expired in late Nov, and exactly a week before I got an email

Thank you!

Sometimes the spam filters eat it.
At the top of each page is a link labelled "paid subscriptions".

Yes I figured it out, thank you. Can you tell me why my avatar isn't showing I'm a gold member while other members show it on their avatar?
Thanks!

So I have a question about selling?! There is a bunch of rules(I completely understand why too) and I want to make sure I'm a good boy. What is the time frame before withdrawing a knife. I saw 14 days before reposting or editing, but does that mean waiting 14 days before withdrawing as well?! Just curious....the more I look at it the More I regret posting it hahahahahahaha
I just want to do things correctly

You can withdraw or edit whenever you want but you can’t re-post it until 14 days pass.

You can withdraw or edit whenever you want but you can’t re-post it until 14 days pass.

Ah ok, thank you very much! Like I said, I want to be a good boy and continue to enjoy BF so I'll ask to be sure so I'm not in the wrong! Thank you again!

No problem. Any other questions just ask.

as someone currently studying the law of contracts and a budding amateur cutlery enthusiast not yet a year old, I deeply appreciate the BF exchange and take great interest in your policies...

best of both worlds - absolute fun - implementing some of the hifalutin legal theories and centuries old common law I'm learning AND scratching that blade itch :)

total geek out :cool:

Point of clarification, please.

I read the (updated) rules just now, and several times in the past, and I see where the rules say "PayPal F&F strongly discouraged" and "No more NET to me". Thank you!! These rules are much appreciated.

My question is this: I am seeing more and more sales post that state things as "$230 PayPal F&F, $242 PayPal G&S". Does that mean that it's OKAY for sellers to offer Friends and Family (gift) payments, as long as their sales thread doesn't use the "Net to me" wording? I see it happening a lot, more and more every day it seems....

Point of clarification, please.

I read the (updated) rules just now, and several times in the past, and I see where the rules say "PayPal F&F strongly discouraged" and "No more NET to me". Thank you!! These rules are much appreciated.

My question is this: I am seeing more and more sales post that state things as "$230 PayPal F&F, $242 PayPal G&S". Does that mean that it's OKAY for sellers to offer Friends and Family (gift) payments, as long as their sales thread doesn't use the "Net to me" wording? I see it happening a lot, more and more every day it seems....

It's ok to do either, but the seller needs to provide an all-in price that includes any fees and shipping, rather than leaving it up to the buyer to do the math to figure out the fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back