Upgrade to Trade?

I finally was able to purchase a TGULB with Green Micarta in Comp Finish and it’s awesome! Unfortunately I had hand surgery and it just doesn’t fit in my hand like I thought it would. I also like the color of the Black Micarta on my SOB better. I’ve found that the Becker handle is a good fit for me and wondering what would be a comparable fit in a Busse blade. Would a TGLB or TG be better because of the thicker blade? Also do I need a Gold membership to trade?
Thanks for any insight and Happy Holidays!!

Which Becker handle are you holding that fits your hand well?
There's a few different Becker handles, if you know the knife number it may be helpful,
BK-2 for instance.

hi, sorry about your surgery. I have the TgULB, LB, and OG, and while there is a weight difference, can't say there's a significant difference in how they feel in the hand. The ULB stock difference is just not big enough to change the way you hold it in my opinion.

My suggestion is to post a picture and specs of the becker you like and I bet one of the Hogs here can recommend a Busse with something similar. There is a deep catalog of amazing blades.

May i ask, does the tgulb feel to big or to small. If you want to go fuller try a SFNO (amazing, but a little heavier) if you want something more narrow try a Nano fusion handle (NFsteelheart, or NFNO). just my two cents,

Bonus, but they are hard to find, people seem to like the SAR series 7or 8 for the handles.

curious what everyone else recommends.

Last edited:
i dont see TGs as choppers so I would say go tgulb being a similar size, more nimble

I finally was able to purchase a TGULB with Green Micarta in Comp Finish and it’s awesome! Unfortunately I had hand surgery and it just doesn’t fit in my hand like I thought it would. I also like the color of the Black Micarta on my SOB better. I’ve found that the Becker handle is a good fit for me and wondering what would be a comparable fit in a Busse blade. Would a TGLB or TG be better because of the thicker blade? Also do I need a Gold membership to trade?
Thanks for any insight and Happy Holidays!!

Yep Gold membership would be best.

some do not like the swell in the middle of the TG's my son being one.
The Nano SH may be a good candidate ?

If you let us know is it too big ? too small ? big in the wrong place it would help.

But Gold gives you a lot more options and lets you search better.

If you like the BK9 style handle the nearest Busse I can think of is the ASH type handles. From memory that would be closest in feel from the Busse knives I have owned or handled. I saw someone suggested the SAR series and I agree, those are very comfortable but not similar to the Becker handles in feel or shape.

Sorry for not responding sooner, busy working during the holidays. Thank you for all of the information, definitely putting me on the right track. I’ll upgrade to the Gold membership although it seems dangerous. Will definitely be contacting Mr. Brown to get a mutant for wherever I land! Happy New Year!!

Which Becker handle are you holding that fits your hand well?
There's a few different Becker handles, if you know the knife number it may be helpful,
BK-2 for instance.
I hug ave many Becker blades all with the BK-2 size handle.

I'm a Becker fan as well......
I Hate most knife handles, I've tried a ton.
Ethan's large scales are almost perfect. (I wish they were a hair longer)
I have wide palms. Most knife handle feel small to me.

I've tried most of the SYKCO handles......

The Alpha Regulator (handles) is ok. Again, a little thin, and weird shaped.
There has been lots of talk here about it, and the knife.

After I Wrapped it in tubing and tape, it's Really Good. Really Really good.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Alpha Regulator

*Also check out LT. Wright. They seems to make more comfortable handles than most makers.

Various Sized Beaters including a Becker

Last edited:
I
I'm a Becker fan as well......
I Hate most knife handles, I've tried a ton.
Ethan's large scales are almost perfect. (I wish they were a hair longer)
I have wide palms. Most knife handle feel small to me.

I've tried most of the SYKCO handles......

The Alpha Regulator is ok. Again, a little thin, and weird shaped.
There has been lots of talk here about it, and the knife.

After I Wrapped it in tubing and tape, it's Really Good. Really Really good.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Alpha Regulator

*Also check out LT. Wright. They seems to make more comfortable handles than most makers.

Various Sized Beaters including a Becker
I had the regular Regulator and I found the handle strange for a small-ish knife but I remember thinking it would be great on a chopper. It sucks that it doesn't work well for your hands as is.

Yep Gold membership would be best.

some do not like the swell in the middle of the TG's my son being one.
The Nano SH may be a good candidate ?

If you let us know is it too big ? too small ? big in the wrong place it would help.

But Gold gives you a lot more options and lets you search better.
I think the swell contributed because I can’t get a good grip with my pinky finger as that’s where the break was and the handle is more narrow in that spot. I guess I was thinking that the TG or TGLB would have a thicker handle and fit better at .23 thickness as opposed to the .20 thickness of the TGULB. Not much, but maybe just enough.

hi, sorry about your surgery. I have the TgULB, LB, and OG, and while there is a weight difference, can't say there's a significant difference in how they feel in the hand. The ULB stock difference is just not big enough to change the way you hold it in my opinion.

My suggestion is to post a picture and specs of the becker you like and I bet one of the Hogs here can recommend a Busse with something similar. There is a deep catalog of amazing blades.

May i ask, does the tgulb feel to big or to small. If you want to go fuller try a SFNO (amazing, but a little heavier) if you want something more narrow try a Nano fusion handle (NFsteelheart, or NFNO). just my two cents,

Bonus, but they are hard to find, people seem to like the SAR series 7or 8 for the handles.

curious what everyone else recommends.

Thanks, I guess it feels like it’s too narrow. I think the swell contributed because I can’t get a good grip with my pinky finger as that’s where the break was and the handle is more narrow in that spot. I guess I was thinking that the TG or TGLB would have a thicker handle and fit better at .23 thickness as opposed to the .20 thickness of the TGULB. Not much, but maybe just enough. I’ll look into the SFNO or possibly some sort of Ergo BM if I can find one. Upgrading to Gold and watching the sale threads.
Thanks!!

Back