Upswept Hunter

A couple months ago, I picked up this nifty THK, with the intention of using it to take apart some deer. Unfortunately, it was a pretty slow season for us this year and I didn't get a chance to use it.

DSC01780.JPG

There was a request for some in hand shots of this knife to give and idea of size.

DSC01785.JPG

As my hands are a little bigger than average, I figured a comparison in hand shot with a familiar point of reference would be of benefit.

DSC01784.JPG

Side by side.

DSC01786.JPG

I only have a couple Terrio knives so far, but they are both extremely comfortable to hold.

DSC01787.JPG

I will add some additional photos and thoughts to this thread as I get a chance to use it.

Apologies for the dirty hands. They seem to stay that way most of the time these days..

Thank you for posting these pictures. That is one hell of a knife.

It is like the hot older sister to my THK bushcrafter.

What is the blade thickness on it? That full distal taper looks hard to pull off. Yikes.

Jeremy

Last edited:
Glad you like it, Cooper! I hope you get a chance to use it some on very fresh venison soon. :)

What is the blade thickness on it? That full distal taper looks hard to pull off. Yikes.

It's simple, I just grind away the parts I don't want ;)

It started as an 1/8" thick bar. It's a bit less than that at the thickest point (the butt) now. CPM-3V @ 58Rc, HT'ed by Peter's.

Last edited:
Apologies for the dirty hands. They seem to stay that way most of the time these days..

No apologies necessary! Dirty hands and dirty knives are more than welcome in my little world. My stuff is meant to be used. I look forward to seeing that knife with some wear'n'tear on it :)

Well I own this knife now. And I haven't gotten much use out of it yet, but I can say it is fantastic at cutting peaches in two on picnics.

Cutting peaches at picnics does NOT void the warranty :) Enjoy!

I suppose that depends what you use for a baton. I wouldn't recommend a sledge hammer, for instance. :p

Back