USA Made hard use folder

Irish_Iron_Spring

Gold Member
Basic Member
Hello all!

looking for a hard use, USA made folder. Loved my Recon 1 but lost it recently and want to keep my money in the country if I can. Like benchmades okay but prefer a less complicated locking mechanism. I like to be around 4” in length.

would like to keep it under $300.

knife gets used for primarily farm tasks and hunting.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited:
In loose order of price:

Sebenza
DPx Hest
Microtech LUDT/Socom Elite
Benchmade Osborne 940
ZT 450
ZT452
Emerson Commander
Emerson Sheepdog
Spyderco Shaman
Spyderco Paramilitary
Benchmade Presidio
Spyderco Manix
Buck 110/112 slim pro

I'll see if I can think of a few more. I personally Think the Buck 112 slim series offers a lot of bang for your buck. And is pretty darn American.

I also love my Osborne a lot, I carry that one in uniform a lot.

Last edited:
A flyer, check out Freeman 451

It's a pretty robust carry, and excellent edge geometry. For hunting and farm, it would be right at home.

QhxaVAJ.jpg

BKnSCZS.jpg

Last edited:
Microtech Socom Elite. If you can find a manual one.

Spyderco millitary is good, I havent broken the tip on mine but I have on a PM2, so theres that. Shaman is a good one too.

Any of the ZTs, I actually really like the 357 despite it being one of the cheapest; I feel like I can beat it up more lol.

Have fun shopping!

kershaw bareknuckle is made in the USA, as are the leek, blur, dividend, knockout and the link

all of those usa made kershaws are pretty wonderful, of those, the longest blade is the bareknuckle at 3.5" but they're under $100 and great 14c28n steel for rough work
eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL2tlcnNoYXcvaW1hZ2VzL0tTNzc3N09MQldfMS5qcGciLCJlZGl0cyI6IHsicmVzaXplIjogeyJ3aWR0aCI6IDI3MCwiaGVpZ2h0IjogMjcwLCJmaXQiOiAiY29udGFpbiIsImJhY2tncm91bmQiOiB7InIiOiAyNTUsImciOiAyNTUsImIiOiAyNTUsImFscGhhIjogMX19fX0=

If you can swing it, Spartan Harsey Folder is a great choice. Great company, great design, great service. its more than the 300 you mentioned, but if it appeals to you, it can be a lifer. Fairly easy to sell if it doesn't jingle your jangle too.

Hands down the zero tolerance 308. Great lads for the money.

For a stronger lock I’d get a benchmade griptilian, or 940. Both I’ve beat the hell out of and are still working perfectly.

There’s many more options, we’re in the golden age of knives so good luck and have fun!

Back