• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Used tilting KMG style partial-platen assembly (made by Wilmont)

REK Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I upgrades a few years ago to a Carother's platen so this has been sitting in my shop just taking up space - figured someone else who is doing a grinder build could maybe use it. This does NOT come with the wheels, wheel bolts/washers, or the actual platen plate (i.e. the brackets or the ceramic/steel plate you grind against). it DOES come with the tool bar, C plate, knobs & handle.

There is a quick release adjustable handle to allow for quick rotation on the C platen. Additionally I installed some stainless steel platen knobs that allow for quick adjustment on the platen or even swapping for a 1" wide or soft platen. It has come in VERY handy over the years.

Asking $100 shipped TYD in CONUS.

Specs:
* tool bar is non-stainless steel
* tool bar is 1.5" x 1.5" x 15" long
* holes for the platen plate itself are 5" center to center
* C plate is 1/2" thick Aluminum
* C plate is 12" tall
* C plate sits almost 7/8" off of the actual tool bar
* Holes in aluminum are tapped and treaded with stainless steel Helicoil inserts

i-VDSKpg7-XL.jpg
i-25bMvRH-XL.jpg
i-TVVhN4n-XL.jpg

And for an idea how the platen attaches to the C plate (again, this is NOT included but you can get the brackets directly from Wilmont)

i-97JRDZb-XL.jpg

Back