• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad User Franky4246 - ghosts after agreeing to sell, with no explanation

LMAO and he seems real upset for someone who was just going to ignore me and move on. I think Kelama needs to reexamine his priorities.

It's not like he had a personal problem with my friend and didn't want him to have the knife. He said so himself. He just didn't want to deal with a new, unknown user. He said, quoting his PM, "...like I said, really its not personal, I understand he's got tons of swap experience on reddit or Facebook, I just prefer to sell it to people has feedback here, I apologize if he took the wrong way, and sure, you can buy for him and then he can pay you, however you guys deal with each other, its between you."

I'm not trying to "win" here. Like someone else said, I'm posting just in case this becomes a pattern for the seller.

Also, to me it speaks volumes that he's been online since this was posted, has been tagged AND PM'd about it, and hasn't replied.

Yeah, it looks like that is driving you nuts. Best to lock this thing up. Both of your reputations are irrevocably damaged now.

What’s crazy is that there was absolutely NO risk for the seller. It’s very simple. If the money doesn’t come through. Don’t ship knife. EASY.

What’s crazy is that there was absolutely NO risk for the seller. It’s very simple. If the money doesn’t come through. Don’t ship knife. EASY.
Not correct. The buyer can dispute the charge to their credit card, it has happened here before.

Oh for sure that happens. I retract my statement. There is VERY little risk for seller.

Not correct. The buyer can dispute the charge to their credit card, it has happened here before.

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the following:

The seller can also loose his Paypal account, get the funds locked or similar. It's one thing to pay for a knife without mentioning what you pay for (new Paypal policies), it's another for an invoice, that couldn't say what it was for, so very easy for the buyer to dispute the charge after receiving the knife.

Has anybody noticed that most of our favorite knife shops don't accept Paypal anymore ?

Regarding the "ghosting", it's actually funny that the guy feeling ghosted is trying to "cancel" the seller (with this thread) :poop:. I'm getting old, I know :)

There is always more risk when you deal with a proxy, even when they say the sale ends with the proxy buyer. Stuff happens. Unknown people are unknown. Vouches. Banned from paypal. Proxy buyer. The way the crapped all over his sales thread. Tons of red flags.

I wouldn't have done the deal. If the seller had just said "no thanks"....

Frankly if someone else find this guy's behaviour I don't want to deal with them anyhow, ignore away.

What about your behavior, kefefs kefefs ?
Sellers as well as buyers expect a trouble free transaction here.

1. The word “vouch.” Red flag.
2. Third party purchase. Red flag.
3. Banned PayPal account. Red flag.
4. Crapping all over a sales thread. (Did you read the rules?). Red flag.
5. Relaying your experience in GBU? Ok. Fair enough.
6. 13 dramatic follow-up posts (at this point) to show all the kids in the schoolyard just how “right” you are. Red flag.

The ghosting? Not in the best form. Thanks for letting us know.

However, kefefs kefefs , when I start selling off my collection, I want nothing to do with you. Please add me to your ignore list.

For this being “just a Hinderer”, and “no big deal”, this was all blown out of proportion with the start of this thread. I wouldn’t deal with either of you. (Buyers, not the seller)

Last edited:
One thing I learned here - I don't want to deal with the OP. Sorry, but true. All this drama because some one decided to not communicate with you further after all kinds of red flags. I myself would have decided not to get involved; although I would have told you so. But something tells me that would have not been good enough for the OP ........... :rolleyes:

One thing I learned here - I don't want to deal with the OP. Sorry, but true. All this drama because some one decided to not communicate with you further after all kinds of red flags. I myself would have decided not to get involved; although I would have told you so. But something tells me that would have not been good enough for the OP ........... :rolleyes:

Exactly. The whole ordeal lasted less than an hour according to all the time stamps in the sale thread, plus a post from the seller saying he didn’t want to sell to a member with no feedback. It’s not too long before the sh**talking starts by the friend who wants the knife. It’s not like this dragged out for a day, it happened pretty cut and dry to me.

No wonder the seller decided to stop talking to the OP of this thread and his buddy.

Have none of us ever ghosted someone we hooked up with . . . or been ghosted by someone who hooked up with us? And this is less than that. Not the greatest behavior, but in the grand scheme . . . small potatoes, IMO. However, at this point I think I don't want to do get involved with either the OP or the seller. Life is too short.

This thread seems to be about forum etiquette. Personally I would have passed on the sale myself with the several red flags. I would want to see all the conversation before judging the seller. I would have just politely declined the sale but I'm not sure abruptly ending a conversation is really a thread worthy complaint imo. I would have just moved on and who knows if it wasn't meant to be maybe you just saved yourself a potential headache not proceeding with the purchase.

Let's break it down...

OP:
"vouch"
"Paypal banned"
Making the seller's thread into a dumpster fire.

Seller:
I won't sell to a 0 rep member, but you can buy it and whatever you do with it is your business.
Tries to sell, sees OP has a banned PP account along with the other red flags and decides not to sell.
Ghosts OP.

No $ exchanged, both members have bad forum etiquette/manners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The seller was not completely polite... whatever. The OP has displayed behaviors that make it certain I would not EVER deal with him.

What about your behavior, kefefs kefefs ?
Sellers as well as buyers expect a trouble free transaction here.

1. The word “vouch.” Red flag.
2. Third party purchase. Red flag.
3. Banned PayPal account. Red flag.
4. Crapping all over a sales thread. (Did you read the rules?). Red flag.
5. Relaying your experience in GBU? Ok. Fair enough.
6. 13 dramatic follow-up posts (at this point) to show all the kids in the schoolyard just how “right” you are. Red flag.

The ghosting? Not in the best form. Thanks for letting us know.

However, kefefs kefefs , when I start selling off my collection, I want nothing to do with you. Please add me to your ignore list.

Why is "vouch" a dirty word?

It's not a third party purchase. I'm buying it with my money. What I do when I receive it is my problem. He even said as much.

Yeah I can maybe see that being a red flag... if you're ignoring the current status of knife sales in PP. Look at all the talk here of big knife dealers not taking PP anymore. Hell, Oz Machine just got banned from PP as well. Getting banned by Paypal means absolutely nothing in this hobby. It just means they figured out what you were doing.

I didn't crap all over anyone's thread. The behaviour of others isn't my problem.

What follow up posts? You mean replying to people who obviously didn't read my OP and don't know what the problem is? I didn't know there were so many illiterates on BF. I have no problem with him denying me the sale. I just wish he communicated as much instead of ghosting.

The seller was not completely polite... whatever. The OP has displayed behaviors that make it certain I would not EVER deal with him.

That works for me. If you and anyone else wants to put me on ignore because I complained about a dick being anti-social in the sales section because you treat others the same way and don't want a thread made about you, go ahead. I don't want to deal with you either.

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the following:

The seller can also loose his Paypal account, get the funds locked or similar. It's one thing to pay for a knife without mentioning what you pay for (new Paypal policies), it's another for an invoice, that couldn't say what it was for, so very easy for the buyer to dispute the charge after receiving the knife.

Has anybody noticed that most of our favorite knife shops don't accept Paypal anymore ?

Regarding the "ghosting", it's actually funny that the guy feeling ghosted is trying to "cancel" the seller (with this thread) :poop:. I'm getting old, I know :)

I'm not trying to "cancel" anyone. If anything I just wanted to point out his crappy behaviour here, and at most get a response from him. That so many people are more upset about how I handled this thread than a member being ghosted speaks volumes of the community here.

at most get a response from him.
....to what end, it appears rightly or wrongly he has chosen not to enter into a transaction with you. His prerogative and while if it were me I would have "politely declined", his response to you seems clear. There is really nothing to be gained for either of you from it going back and forth now.

I'm not trying to "cancel" anyone. If anything I just wanted to point out his crappy behaviour here, and at most get a response from him. That so many people are more upset about how I handled this thread than a member being ghosted speaks volumes of the community here.
It might be time to put the shovel away and do some "ghosting" of your own. When you start taking potshots at he community it rarely ends well. That's just what is. Just a little friendly advice.

Back